YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

My first post

I have just purchased my first pair of ''Dry'' gloves.
I got them cheap and thought I'll give it a go, having used wet gloves for years.
Now I realise there is much more to this than I had thought :) and I need some instructions....

The gloves I have have a latex cuff seal.
1. Do i put this seal inside my drysuit cuff or over the top?
2. Equalisation, I have read that people usually use a stick bungee silicon tube etc, my question is how large a diameter are we talking inches or a couple of mm?

I know these have undoubtedly been covered in posts on here, but I haven't found a coherent reply that answers my questions in a manner i understand :)

Thanks for looking

·
Sorry for being a dick
1,757 Posts
What kind of cuffs do you have? If you have neoprene cuffs, putting the gloves over the top is asking for water to come in IMO. If latex cuffs then over the top will be easier I think.

With regards the equalisation, some just use thumb loops from the undersuit. You don't need much, just some form of airflow to equalise.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I tie a shoe lace to the thumb loop then cut it so its long enough to reach me fingers. I find using the thumb loop only a bit tight.

Slapping some jollop on the wrist seal before putting the glove on also helps.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I push my hands through the latex seals then remove the thumb loops from around my thumbs, then tuck them back under the seals leaving just a bit sticking out. This is more then enough for glove equalisation.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
If you have neoprene cuffs, putting the gloves over the top is asking for water to come in IMO.
Errr why?

This is exactly how my wife wears hers and has never had a drop of water get in yet.

Although now she knows she likes dry gloves she wants a ring system either the Si-Tech or Kubi

·
Registered
277 Posts
Try wearing your liner glove under your wrist seal - put the glove on before putting your hands / arms in your dry suit. Seems to work v well. If you get a glove leak just pull the wrist area of the gloves from under the latex seal to stop water flow into the suit. In fairly new with dry gloves myself but it works!

·
aka j_b
862 Posts
I had a pair of these it similar and found that the best way to stop them leaking was to sell them.
They seemed like such a good idea but I just couldn't stop them leaking :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Capillary action along the outer material....
Will have to tell the wife then that she is wrong and her hands weren't dry every dive for the last year despite wearing them that way, as per the instructions that came with them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Maybe they were but with the cloth lining on the outside of a neo seal it is a possibility, that is science that is.

People with neo cuffs usually put the latex glove seal against the skin and the neo cuff over the latex one. usually

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ive heard of a few people getting the cuffs of baggy ish liner glove caught in between the Glove Oring and cuff ring which has caused a flood but apart from that no problems. Ive bought liner gloves with elasticated wrists and not much excess material. Seems to do teh trick. (finger crossed).
I had a pair of these it similar and found that the best way to stop them leaking was to sell them.
They seemed like such a good idea but I just couldn't stop them leaking :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts