YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure where to put this or if its been discussed a long long time ago in a thread far far away but..

if i do a first dive on say 32% nitrox then top up with air on the boat between dives can v planner caluculate what the new O2% is?

cheers folks

Z

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome

yes i know it can be done with maths but if i can be lazy and safe on a nice day out better for me

cheers once again!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not really sure where to put this or if its been discussed a long long time ago in a thread far far away but..

if i do a first dive on say 32% nitrox then top up with air on the boat between dives can v planner caluculate what the new O2% is?

cheers folks

Z
Yes, the Mixer has a Top up section for doing this.

Regards

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Of course it can but how accurate is your pressure guage? Without knowing exactly how much EAN you have and how much air you are putting in VPlanner (or any blending tool) is only a guess.

If you are out on a boat then stuff the air in and analyse the O2. Way easier and a lot more accurate.

·
Partly Worn
2,799 Posts
Why bother with the maths?

Dive 1 = Computer set to 32%

Dive 2 = Computer set to 21%

and just take the benefit of a little more O2 as a conservation factor (assuming of course you're not going any where the ppO2 limit)

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Why bother with the maths?

Dive 1 = Computer set to 32%

Dive 2 = Computer set to 21%

and just take the benefit of a little more O2 as a conservation factor (assuming of course you're not going any where the ppO2 limit)
Tends to be what I do.

·
Bashing head against brick wall
2,105 Posts
By having one computer on the 32%, the other on 21%, you gain nothing from the extra O2 content of your actual mix and are artificially limiting your depth due to an unrealistic MOD.

Ok you're being conservative but I put in the extra O2 to gain the extra NDL personally. Each to their own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts