YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title gives away - I have been playing with V Planner on my phone but can not for the life of me find the 'lost gas' or 'longer / deeper' function. I guess I could simply recalculate and uncheck the deco gas for the lost gas output and add a few extra minutes and meters to get the longer + deeper calc but its simply easier to press a button and let technology do its thang - like the full application on my laptop.

Am I blind or have I missed something? Do you guys know where those function buttons may be?

·
Karlos or Karl
1,001 Posts
yep that's about it, misses some of the functions on the full version.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The app looks and feels great - intuitive interface but only a third of the computer based application functionalitu. All be it it runs the most important stuff, I still feel a little peed off. I'm gonna ping them a note and ask if there are any plans for further product development on an app platform. Fingers crossed they are getting round to it.

·
Karlos or Karl
1,001 Posts
Ross seems to open to suggestions, I have been using it for ages, asked for at least 3 mods all have been done; iPad version, mail out/copy plan option, and depth wheel in single unit - used to be 3m increments.

It's very good at what it does IMHO.

Karlos

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had the following email from Ross Hemingway from HSS Software (very helpful guy by the way)

"The iPhone version does not have these features. You can get the same info by adding different legs. The tablet version , with its bigger screen, will be getting these soon."

Il defo get the enhanced iPad application when it is released. :)

Ross seems to open to suggestions, I have been using it for ages, asked for at least 3 mods all have been done; iPad version, mail out/copy plan option, and depth wheel in single unit - used to be 3m increments.

It's very good at what it does IMHO.

Karlos

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, I have noticed some discrepancies between the computer based application and the mobile version, nothing major but still, I thought an algorithm would output the same data, if the same data was input..

Im bloody hooked on V planner now - yes you can tell that ive only just passed my baby tech - (IANTD ART) course and I'm keen as mustard to plan my own dives and get cracking. deffo my favourite app, second to Viewranger (which is nothing to do with diving)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts