YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
To much kit NEVER
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body else ordered a VEE CAM and was realy looking forward to getting it before christmas, well TUFFFF there not going to be ready untill the end of MARCH yes MARCH .Im gutted .It is due to soft ware problems apparently and not going to release them untill 100% happy , fair play but nether the less B#ll##cks

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Thats a bit of a bummer Mark,but at least it will be nice and shiney for the start of next season:D and it will give Steven a chance to work on his best pose.
I got a new toy to play with and have just had the skipper cancel due to strong winds this Sat:angry:
cheers
Mark

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Cave diving Mexico 12th Feb :(

How happy am I :angry:

ATB

Mark

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Any body else ordered a VEE CAM and was realy looking forward to getting it before christmas, well TUFFFF there not going to be ready untill the end of MARCH yes MARCH .Im gutted .It is due to soft ware problems apparently and not going to release them untill 100% happy , fair play but nether the less B#ll##cks
but I thought their sales pitch was that it was all tried and tested because they provide a super duper model to the forces and police???

are well at least I get a reprieve for a bit!!!

will you get an extra discount though?? :)

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Thats a bit of a bummer Mark,but at least it will be nice and shiney for the start of next season:D and it will give Steven a chance to work on his best pose.
I got a new toy to play with and have just had the skipper cancel due to strong winds this Sat:angry:
cheers
Mark
go on I'll ask!!!
whats the new toy?? a new yellow thingy??

·
15,343 Posts
Replacement model Vee Cam will have 8 hours recording capacity instead of four on the model they were supposed to send.

This is the only good news.

Its kind of not relevant to me as unless you can free up space on there by editing on unit i will still need something to dump the files on to when on holiday.

Hopefully there is a way to edit down film on unit. I say this as the game plan is kit up switch on to record and don't switch off till back on the boat so there could be literally hours of nothing video to delete with a few moments of action near the end as we exit the water.

I was sooooooo excited about this but not having it for Mexico is a major kick in the balls.

ATB

Mark

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Well I for one am not even going to be tempted until I see how they perform at depth. Real trials not rhetoric.

Steve

·
15,343 Posts
Well I for one am not even going to be tempted until I see how they perform at depth. Real trials not rhetoric.

Steve

They are now 100m rated. I discussed it with them and they said in tests the screens implode at 150m Buttons dont work below 10m. Just switch it on and go.

ATB

Mark

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
They are now 100m rated. I discussed it with them and they said in tests the screens implode at 150m Buttons dont work below 10m. Just switch it on and go.

ATB

Mark
Point taken about the depth rating Mark, but I still want to see how they perform, quality etc at depth.

Steve

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
I was sooooooo excited about this but not having it for Mexico is a major kick in the balls.
Mark, can you not approach them explaining that ths was a major reason for your decision to buy, and can they not lend you a development model for Mexico.

I know you are a bit shy and wouldn't like to ask, :rolleyes: but i may be worth a call.

·
"Kite is right"
1,899 Posts
didn't i read on here somewhere that there was already another company making an alternative model ?? is that available ?

a

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Is there any video from one you can view yet?? just wandering how it will look an a high rez pc monitor....
Apparently not, there is some shalow footage available I believe, but nothing at depth. We did offer to test one on some recent trips, but could not get hold of one.

Steve

·
15,343 Posts
Mark, can you not approach them explaining that ths was a major reason for your decision to buy, and can they not lend you a development model for Mexico.

I know you are a bit shy and wouldn't like to ask, :rolleyes: but i may be worth a call.

I tried asking nicly, threatening, crying, begging and offering money.

But your right i was probably a bit shy

Sso Ill go back and kidnap the MD's dog.:angry:

ATB

Mark

·
15,343 Posts
Point taken about the depth rating Mark, but I still want to see how they perform, quality etc at depth.

Steve

Have a word with Mdemon.

ATB

Mark

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Patience Grasshopper.

I have some deep footage and the VeeCam is still being improved based on testing IIRC.

It's a nice piece of kit and I agree with Chasey that the way to use this is to turn it on and forget about it till you get home. Bear in mind there is a plethora of camera options from the military side so there is huge upgrade potential in the future. Squaddie-proof is not the same as diver-proof however and I think it's to Persides' credit that they have proved the VeeCam is not vapourware and are delaying release until it is ready.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts