YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help or advise ?

A vegan friend of mine has contracted hayfever and asked, at a well know pharmacists, for some medication which did not include gelatine.
She has been sold a remedy, main active ingredient being antihistamine Loratadine, but also contains "pregelatinised starch"

Being as there are some 5,000 members on here with diverse occupations, including medical, all readily helpful I offered to ask the diving community on her behalf :teeth:

Is anyone able to confirm this hasn't been anywhere near any animal fats, or advise otherwise. I would really appreciate it, I mean, I have to sit opposite her ;)

Many thanks :)

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Vegetarian eh? Oh well, no chance there then? :)

Just tell her "no", she'll never know! With no meat in her diet she'll never be able to catch you if she found out? :teeth:

Just about everything (inc dead meat) in the natural World has been recycled by plants and bacteria so even plants have eaten meat .............. if you see what I mean?

·
23,946 Posts

·
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Surekha says ...

"you are all lovely and wonderful. Thank you , you have saved my nose" :)

Thanks guys, especially as she's moved to siting next to me now :rolleyes:
;)

Oh, and more from Surekha :- "Hiya Foxy, how are you?"

Tried greening you Stesh but I must have apprecaited you recently :)

·
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will you have BBQ's with the smell of the meat sizzling going over next door? :embarassed:
(I have a neighbour who wakes me up every saturday when he cooks Sardines, not my favourite of smells!)
She is a friend from work but does indeed have bbqs, with Linda McCartney sausages !!!

I used to bbq sardines, the cats loved them :teeth:

·
23,946 Posts
She is a friend from work but does indeed have bbqs, with Linda McCartney sausages !!!

I used to bbq sardines, the cats loved them :teeth:
I hope you mean 'Linda McC brand of veggie sausages' or even 'Linda McC's sausages'? :)

Sausages made from Linda McC!!! :eek:mg:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.