YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Per the email I rcv'd from Nat Geographic the Moon and Venus will be in conjunction around dusk on Wed and will make - "a sight worth seeing".

It was reported as being visible to the Western Hemisphere - I imagine that includes us.

For the full story click here.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Bryan

Bexhill and Hastings are East of the Grenwich meridian, so i think you will miss it. However if you drive along to the other side of Brighton i think that will put you west of it so you should see it OK

Are you haveing a quiet day at work by any chance?

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Will it interfere with the tides?

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Oliver @ Mar. 23 2004,15:48)]Bryan

Bexhill and Hastings are East of the Grenwich meridian, so i think you will miss it. However if you drive along to the other side of Brighton i think that will put you west of it so you should see it OK

Are you haveing a quiet day at work by any chance?

Regards

Paul
Paul,

Oh! I see! When it comes to being bombed or something nasty I'm "in the West", but, because it's something nice, I'm now in the East!!!  

I must admit that the report did sound a bit "America specific" - anyway, if it's that good I'll get to see it on the news or Sky at Night or something.

Quiet day? moi? Nothing like that - I am very vey busy and also very very very pissed off - is all.  

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominic @ Mar. 23 2004,15:55)]Will it interfere with the tides?
Dom,

I'm sure there must be a humerous answer to that but I can't think of it.

I don't think the gravitational effect caused by Venus being in conjunction with the Moon would make f/all diff to the tides. Possibly on a par with the effect a farting gorilla would have on the weather patterns over the UK.

I would like to stress that the above statement is a personal opinion and should not be quoted as fact - especially if it is wrong.

Anyway I don't care as it, apparently, will not happen in my half of the World.

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominic @ Mar. 23 2004,16:26)]"get"?

<font color='#000080'>Hey, i dont spend a fortune on razors and leg shaving gel for nothing!

Three words to strike fear into a mans heart - sacks, backs, cracks...........

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Mar. 23 2004,16:30)]Three words to strike fear into a mans heart - sacks, backs, cracks...........

Sorry Porg - I don't get that! Is it rude? 'Cos if it is I would not understand it.

I don't think I'm scared - perhaps I'm still only a boy?

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Bryan
I'll explain on Sunday, this is a family show. Lets just say a bloke's Brazillian shall we. OOOOuuuuuucccchhh!

Matt

ps do you have a ticket as Anders has dropped out with some limp wristed excuse so I have a pre-paid ticket going for face value, no delivery or premium charge.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ Mar. 23 2004,15:39)]Per the email I rcv'd from Nat Geographic the Moon and Venus will be in conjunction around dusk on Wed and will make - "a sight worth seeing".

It was reported as being visible to the Western Hemisphere - I imagine that includes us.
It was, and it did.

Absolutely superb sight and no mistake. The skies are, as I type, as clear as a bell up here and I've had the big 'scope out, (and keep your smut to yourselves thank you!!  
)

Even better, Jupiter is clearly visible in the South and it's moons are stunning.

Right, that's the "trainspotting" credentials out of the way.

I'll, errr,  get mi coat and get back outside.

G'night all.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Ah, comprehension dawns.

Ooer missus, that sounds horrible.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Martyn Ward @ Mar. 23 2004,22:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ Mar. 23 2004,15:39)]Per the email I rcv'd from Nat Geographic the Moon and Venus will be in conjunction around dusk on Wed and will make - "a sight worth seeing".

It was, and it did.
STOP IT.

You are not allowed to look until Wed evening.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts