YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wreck Ferret 1
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this as been done before, I'm planning to take my new Video housing with me on the live aboard next month, but i don’t have a clue how to or what to pack this in!

What do other do, special packing case; take it on as hand baggage, im looking for inspiration here so let me know what you do.

Ron

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
I use a Peli case keeps it safe but unfortunatly is quite heavy.
you can some times get away with attaching a neck strap and having it arrond your neck so not having it weighed.

Fin
new rules say one bag only, that includes your hand bag :)

but if you only take vid case on as hand lugage and it fits in their metal frame your good to go :)

David

·
The plan is vital, it's something to deviate from.
487 Posts
Just watch out for the weight limit on hand baggage - I know XL and Astraeus apply 5kg very strictly and weigh bags, anything over has to be repacked or checked into the hold, BA will carry anything provided it meets the security regulations for what you can carry, is the right size and you can lift it unaided into the overhead locker.

I now pack my housing and strobes into a sturdy green packing case, and check it in. The case came from a friend who knows somebody who works for a wholesaler and is one of their deliver crates. I tie-wrap it shut and put a luggage strap around it, and it goes through the fragile/large bags check-in desk at UK airports.

·
Wreck Ferret 1
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was what i was thinking of doing we are flying with Astraeus and they offer a 25kg additional bag for £50.

Ron

·
Registered
81 Posts
I Use a peli 1520 for my camera equipment. Just get to the airport early and don't look like you are struggling to carry the bag. My hand luggage came in at 7.2kg

·
Registered
63 Posts
hi guys, just out of interest does anyone use those peli locks which are TSA approved which allow you to lock your case when you fly- i always think a peli case kind of broadcasts 'something expensive inside' ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts