YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do we need Visa whys for Sharm? and will the Visa you get at the airport allow us to dive all sites that a typical operator will take us too. Asking because some our tour operator has not mentioned anything about Visa requirments but I know you can get two types limited tourist visa and a full egypt tourist visa. Going in 20 days and counting. Also anyone dived with Sinai Divers ?. Also any most do dive sites (Apart from the gorm)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
hi ya shog ! as u get into the arivals hall look to the left and there will be 2 little banks in the corner dont bother waiting for the long ques that the reps will point u toward ! and dont forget u need a full visa which consists of 2 paper stamps for the back of your book ! i think it will cost ya about 12 quid summat like that ! :teeth:

·
Banned
53 Posts
last time I was in Egypt last year for a Nile cruise - we went to embassy in
London and it cost us £15 for full Egyptian visa. I was told you don't need a visa for Sharma??? We only needed one because we were going to Luxor and Aswan etc.

Enjoy.. can't wait to go back and dive under rather than sightseeing on top of the
water :)

SallyUK:angel:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

Visas are required for diving Ras Mohammed. As mentioned before, don't be herded into the long queues for visas, any of the booths can be used.

Dived with Sinai divers in 2006, no bad points, as good as any of them dive and organisation wise, although would take a pack of spare o rings if you're regs have A clamps.

Jolanda & sharks reef at Ras Mohammed and Woodhouse & Jackson reefs at Straits of Tiran are my favourites, (if your doing your check dives at Ras Katy look out for the big Napoleon).

Regards
Ian

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Sinai Divers, was at one time the only dive shop in Sharma
At that time it was the best , its been around along time, so i would think, it will be just fine , and if its not to your liking , you have 300 more dive out fits to pick from when you get there , :teeth:

Enjoy your hols

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sinai Divers

Hi Shog,

I have dived with Sinai Divers many times, and think they are first rate.

It will be cheaper if you pre book and pre pay, so you may wish to e mail them now.

Have a great time !

Simon

·
(ALT F4) will fix anything....
74 Posts
Just back from Red Sea with Red Sea Divers on Orchid the rep sorted it all for us at the airport, Got through the airport both ways without any of the old delays, they seem to have got themselves sorted.

Enjoy, I loved it....

Say Hello to dave for me !!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just back from Dahab couple of weeks ago.

The booths at the airport all quote their prices for the visa in pounds and pennies, and euros andcents and then when you get to the counter tell you the rounded up price. This holds up the line because everyone questions it - and the guy stands up and points a sign that says that he does not accept coins. So punter says - well how can you quote a price which requires coins then - and he says .. we dont take coins .. we dont take coins .. and finally when he has held the queue up for the requisite 5 mins that he will tell you that he gives change in Egyptian and goes about writing up a exchange form and counting out some E pounds.

But the point was that from Dahab we went out north to Blue hole - had to fill in paperwork but no extra money, but a visit a southern dive site Gabrel Bint would have cost us extra - it wasnt explained if it was visa or guard bribe ( we didnt go but that was for other reasons)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts