YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a play for a few days with home premium and havent had any problems at all so far. came with preloaded with the laptop.

havent really installed and customised my laptop fully yet, but i like i nice visual upgrade, dont have to install styleXP and other similar customisation software.

the only thing I have noticed is that it really hogs memory.

plus some of the warnings are quite annoying, e.g "do you really want to run program XYZ?" but i am sure i can disable them somehow.

i guess the only annoying so far is that some of my software is not compatible with vista. but slowly testing all my work software and usual programs i run.

·
No social integrator
4,457 Posts
plus some of the warnings are quite annoying, e.g "do you really want to run program XYZ?" but i am sure i can disable them somehow.
Do a web search for "disable User Access Control".

Jay said:
Just checked with the Met Weather Service and hell hasn't frozen over yet so I'll wait a while
I heard that MS say that they will be releasing the next major OS release in 2007. The way things are going with Vista, it might be another Millenium Edition all over again.

·
3,293 Posts
Hi

I am using Vista and have been for about a month. So far it hasn't caused any significant problems and to be honest I don't really see much difference between that and XP, but I do like the application search feature.

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts