YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

FYI

Vivian quarry is now back in operation. I understand that there is a £5 joining fee, plus £5 per day to dive.  I dont know who picked up the lease.

R

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Imported post

I have previously posted regarding a YD trip to Vivian.  I finaly recieved an e-mail back from the company and they have asked me to call regarding a YD dive at discounted rates in return for some publicity for the site on the web.

regards

DD

P.s I will keep people posted

·
Registered
23 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>I would definately be interested in a trip to Vivian, only seen it fom the surface but was taken in by it and was wondering when it was going to open.

If anyone one was interested in making a weekend of it maybe dive on the saturday and then hillwalking on the sunday as it is right in the Snowdonia national park with lots of intersting hills to climb including Snowden of course.  Lots of Cheap B&B's there with Bars

Carolyn

·
Registered
380 Posts
Came across this on the way to Anglesea last weekend visiting relatives. Looked really nice and tempting. :) Not diving :( Here are the pics

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hmmm. no pictures... not sure what went wrong there, I'll try again later...

Viz reported to be 15m plus, 12 degrees C 20m max depth.

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Been there a few times

I've dove Vivian (Vyvian?) a few times and loved it. It's not the deepest place in the world, but it's nice just to get wet in, plus there's a really good bunk hotel with a bar in the Llanberis village which means you can have a good night's alcohol consumption and a bed for £14 which isn't bad (bunk beds).

I'd be up for arranging a weekend there - maybe walking up Snowdon on the Saturday and then diving on the Sunday?

Mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts