YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a trip Report as Such more a heads up for viz around Anglesey mates of Mine dived the Farfield on Friday which is out to the west and had 3-4m Viz lots of Plankton..

Dived The Derbent to the North yesterday and it was like diving in a blizzard of Dead plankton viz at best 2m

Inshore is supposed to be particularly poor at the moment

HTH Andy

A big thanks to Elfyn for a good day out though

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Not a trip Report as Such more a heads up for viz around Anglesey mates of Mine dived the Farfield on Friday which is out to the west and had 3-4m Viz lots of Plankton..

Dived The Derbent to the North yesterday and it was like diving in a blizzard of Dead plankton viz at best 2m

Inshore is supposed to be particularly poor at the moment

HTH Andy

A big thanks to Elfyn for a good day out though
Was you on the Empress?
We were in one of the many rhibs that went past you..........some dived the wreck of Aypapa and some dived at some wreckage near the shore at powerstation and viz was pants!!
One day I might get a decent dive there.

·
Anglesey Charter boat Skipper
1,033 Posts
yep viz is very poor full on plankton bloom as soupy as it gets.

were blown out the rest of the bankholiday weekend .
Terry on "julie anne" dived the S.S.Mona as the second dive and they reported a 3- 4m but enjoyed it the same.
less tide down that neck of the woods giving a longer slack time.
least we,ve had the peak ,its the same old story every may.
middle of next month should see us right
elfyn

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Almost certain I glimpsed a Basking Shark on Monday evening as I passed Bull Bay- a few more of them to hoover up the plankton would be nice :teeth: The jellies are here in their thousands to do their bit... won't be long 'till we can see a bit again.

ATB,
Terry

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
So is it worth me doing a trip to trefor and trearrdur this coming weekend?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts