YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We've just moved back to Europe and need a bit of help with being pointed in the right direction. By the way...good to be back on YD board after a long absence...hope everyone is well...I'll spend some time catching up on news etc. later.

1. Vr3 has taken some abuse. The display has gone "crystalline". Battery acid leaked. So it still works but very difficult to read/view. Where to send, worth saving....?? It's the trimix version and fully coded up for everything. If it's had it I'd be happy to send my unlock codes to anyone that wants them..if it still works like that.?? Still got the paperwork somewhere.

2. OMS O2 analyser. After some time in storage, no longer powering up. Is there an OMS agent in the UK. I've written to OMS to ask but thought I'd post here too for any advice.

3. Green Force lights...again, after time in storage...totally dead. Tried charging but nothing. I think they're NICAD. A large unit and a slim unit which I think is called "Arrow". Ceplacement batteries...?? Too expensive..?? no idea so would appreciate advice again.

Apart from that, everything is working well....living in Jersey now so lots of cold amazing diving...scallops, spiders, lobsters on the menu almost every night....yummy.

Thanks guys and gals for any help.

Graham

·
Likes rummaging in rust
1,571 Posts
I can only help with the light, sounds like an Arrow 12 also known as an A 12.
Strikalite would be your best bet for a reasonable priced battery.
I have used them a couple of times and there service has been great.

www.strikalite.co.uk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Captain M......really appreciate it as I'd like to save them rather than have to buy new all over again.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers.

Graham

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Capt M....I fixed my OMS o2 analyser.

I'm in touch with Strikalite so making progress there.

No progress re: Vr3

Cheers.

K

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
RogerV....I had a feeling that might be the case and yes, a real shame. Superb bit of kit. I think I got my monies worth out of it though.

Seeing as I've hung up my mixed gas boots these days, I think I'll get by on my Suunto D9, which allows a couple of different nitrox switches for deco and that's plenty.

But on the Vr3 point....if I'm going to have to bin it I do have the paperwork for the unlock codes if you know anyone that would like to have them. It's the all singing and dancing version I bought so the unlock codes should, if they are transferable, fully open someone's Vr3 that's still working.

Cheers.

Graham

·
Doing it Manx
278 Posts
Hi Graham

I'm pretty sure the unlock codes are tied to the serial number and therefore won't unlock a different VR3.

Regards

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Manx...ok, thanks. Just thought someone might be able to benefit from my misfortune.

All the best.

Graham

1 - 9 of 9 Posts