YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

HI ALL
as every one know that the VR3 Is getting rapedly into the market and alot of divers are talking about it.any one experianced one of the VR3? if yes dose the analyzer analyze helum or only oxygen.
 
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi

AIUI there is a facility to connect an o2 sensor when on a CCR so you can get the deco calculated given you are on a fixed P02 level. Is it for CCR use you are asking? Many Inspiration users get them.

On OC use it is just the same as any other computer pretty much.

It doesn't have a gas analyser as such.

Andy
 

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
Joined
·
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wetlettuce @ Dec. 09 2003,16:47)]On OC use it is just the same as any other computer pretty much.

It doesn't have a gas analyser as such.

Andy
No it isnt and yes it does


You just have to pay extra for it but its still cheeper than buying a O2 analiser seporatly (asuming you already own a VR3) Just plug in your cylinder switch on an it will tell you what percentage of 02 you are running and auto add it to your OC gas list if you like. Dont know ANY other computer that does this. There are several other usefull features that make it totaly diferent from a normal OC computer.

Mid dive gas mix alterations for OC
Mid dive lost gas calculation for up to 9 gas mix
Deco time computed as Time to surface for all available gas including deco mix and projected gas switching
Deep stops
Air breaks shown on the computer
Abuility to run on PP02's above 1.6
Live graphic of you dive profile
Fly the curve decompresion feature
Games (admitidly crap)
Downloadable books

Yeah just you'r normal every day computer


Helium analisors are a totaly diferent thing and the cost of one unit makes a VR3 look cheep. The Computer will calculate for Helium in the mix but you have to tell it how much you have in the tank.

ATB

Mark Chase
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

HI PIERRE
No i did not so far ,but as you know it is some thing i am looking forward to,
so far the best price i got is LM 420 for the C4
by the way we (me & simon) are buying a twin 15 lit for a very good price.
happy diving to every one
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi

Sorry, I was mistaken (to some extent). You can buy an O2 analyser and use the VR3's display to show the reading.

To do this costs MORE than an analox analyser (at least it does when I look at the price list!)

Just because I feel like picking on the VR3 and for no other reason really


[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mid dive gas mix alterations for OC
mmm yes, really useful, why would you want this exactly? Perhaps because you set it wrong before jumping in the water.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mid dive lost gas calculation for up to 9 gas mix
Tables do this as do many free software packages (and the Vytec, as until you do the switch it assumes you have no deco gas anyway)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Deco time computed as Time to surface for all available gas including deco mix and projected gas switching
Assuming you set it right (remember feature no.1) and the deco is based on what exactly? Some archaic piece of software which has been fudged and padded to make you stay in the water longer than you perhaps need to. Even with all safety settings off it is very conservative. I personally would want to know what the bare minimum base line is first and then add safety afterwards, should I need to get to surface quicker due to conditions or something else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Deep stops
Depends on what you call deep stops, not 80% of the average depth I bet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Air breaks shown on the computer
Unnecessarily adds to deco as no deco software understands the use of oxygen IMO (and others)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Abuility to run on PP02's above 1.6
Good option (note sarcasm)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Live graphic of you dive profile
Another uninteresting distraction showing how fantastic or crap you have been so far

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Fly the curve decompresion feature
Same as any other computer. Why do you think they adjust your ascent rate at different depths a la Uwatec.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Games (admitidly crap)
Yes the games on my XBox are better and sitting in front of the TV is perhaps a more sensible place to play computer games.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Downloadable books
If you mean manuals then Suunto do that as well as Uwatec and probably others do to.

Having said all that you are of course perfectly entitled to buy one, with all the bells and whistles. IMHO (to which I am entitled) it is no different to any other computer. It is inherently faulty and out of date, overly conservative, and a needlessly expensive piece of kit.

Kindest Regards

Andy
 

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
Joined
·
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wetlettuce @ Dec. 10 2003,18:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hi

Sorry, I was mistaken (to some extent). You can buy an O2 analyser and use the VR3's display to show the reading.

To do this costs MORE than an analox analyser (at least it does when I look at the price list!)
Yes you are mistaken The Analox costs 199.00 and the VR3 C8b O2 analyser kit costs 166.00including vat


[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mid dive gas mix alterations for OC
mmm yes, really useful, why would you want this exactly? Perhaps because you set it wrong before jumping in the water.
Yes you can do that but its more useful if you run out or loos any back gas or deco gas and have to swap to a different mix than the planned mix. For example when you send up the yellow blob and they send down a drop tank. It’s not always the gas you had planned to use.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mid dive lost gas calculation for up to 9 gas mix
Tables do this as do many free software packages (and the Vytec, as until you do the switch it assumes you have no deco gas anyway)
Mmmmmm yes your lap top computer isnt going to work too well in the water and manual tables covering all possible eventualities are bulky slow and can be confusing in my experience. BUT it is of course possible and divers do do it its just the manual option. But we were comparing computers with computers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Deco time computed as Time to surface for all available gas including deco mix and projected gas switching
Assuming you set it right (remember feature no.1) and the deco is based on what exactly? Some archaic piece of software which has been fudged and padded to make you stay in the water longer than you perhaps need to. Even with all safety settings off it is very conservative. I personally would want to know what the bare minimum base line is first and then add safety afterwards, should I need to get to surface quicker due to conditions or something else.
Yes you should set it correctly but if you make a mistake you can alter it on the fly. The Archaic piece of soft where is the same as the one used by DIR for the Deco planner, V-planner and of course it is exactly the same as Proplanner because it is Proplanner its the latest ZHL16C algorithm. RGBM is the present option to the above soft where but that’s a different thing all together.

Set to 0 safety the VR3 is considered too aggressive for UK conditions by Kevin Gurr and he invented the VR3. If you want to get out quicker than that then good luck.


[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Deep stops
Depends on what you call deep stops, not 80% of the average depth I bet.
On a recent 60m dive it gave my first deep stop at 44m. 80% is 48m big deal.


[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Air breaks shown on the computer
Unnecessarily adds to deco as no deco software understands the use of oxygen IMO (and others)
You are wrong. On the VR3 The Air breaks do not add to the total deco time unless you want them to

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ability to run on PP02's above 1.6
Good option (note sarcasm)
Whilst you and I don’t do it some divers (Like JJ and GI3 for example) do.


[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Live graphic of you dive profile
Another uninteresting distraction showing how fantastic or crap you have been so far
Admittedly not that useful but its fun to look at during boring deco


[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Fly the curve decompression feature
Same as any other computer. Why do you think they adjust your ascent rate at different depths a la Uwatec.
Errrrr wrong again. It actually gives an active graphic showing you where you are on the decompression curve at any time during a deco stop. You can opt to do a dynamic deco and follow a high M value curve or a low M value curve just by following the diver graphic on a shot line. It is absolutely nothing like a Uwatec or a Suunto.


[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Yes the games on my XBox are better and sitting in front of the TV is perhaps a more sensible place to play computer games.
You haven’t done a one or two-hour deco yet have you? Its pretty boring some divers take magazines down with them to read.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Downloadable books
If you mean manuals then Suunto do that as well as Uwatec and probably others do to.
No I mean books like War and Peace. You can read them on deco stops to help with the boredom.



[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Having said all that you are of course perfectly entitled to buy one, with all the bells and whistles. IMHO (to which I am entitled) it is no different to any other computer. It is inherently faulty and out of date, overly conservative, and a needlessly expensive piece of kit.
Its a lot different form other computers. Its been used to calculate deco on expeditions like the Britannic and the Lucitainia. It was only invented in 2000 so its not that old or out of date. As for conservative. I run 20/80 GFs and its less conservative than that so it’s probably around 30/90 which is good enough for me. If I want to run a base line I can always to a 100/100 table.

I grant you it is expensive but so are DIR gas rules. In one season diving non DIR gas fills you would save enough money to buy a VR3.

Each to his own but don’t be slagging a bit of kit that you know very little about with out at least reading up on it first M8

Mark Chase
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No I mean books like War and Peace. You can read them on deco stops to help with the boredom.
How does reading War and Peace cut down on boredom???

When they invent a VR3 that can get online and allow you to surf the net & post to a dive forum whilst underwater, I'll be interested
 

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
Joined
·
15,343 Posts
Imported post

OK perhaps that wasnt the best book to use as an example
 

·
old time
Joined
·
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote  
Yes the games on my XBox are better and sitting in front of the TV is perhaps a more sensible place to play computer games.  


You haven’t done a one or two-hour deco yet have you? Its pretty boring some divers take magazines down with them to read.
I use to do a RUBIX cube , until it fell apart , now i do one of the little slide puzzle things ( lifeboat shop £ 1.99 ) . Falling asleep is much better and getting ya mate to SHOUTTTTTTTTTT down the comms at wakey wakey time .

Andy
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Chase @ Dec. 10 2003,19:58)]Yes you are mistaken The Analox costs 199.00 and the VR3 C8b O2 analyser kit costs 166.00including vat

...

Yes you should set it correctly but if you make a mistake you can alter it on the fly. The Archaic piece of soft where is the same as the one used by DIR for the Deco planner, V-planner and of course it is exactly the same as Proplanner because it is Proplanner its the latest ZHL16C algorithm. RGBM is the present option to the above soft where but that’s a different thing all together.

Set to 0 safety the VR3 is considered too aggressive for UK conditions by Kevin Gurr and he invented the VR3. If you want to get out quicker than that then good luck.
<font color='#000080'>Hi

Does that include the O2 sensor at £70, which is listed seperately ? And £200 for the analox is full retail rather than the £170 ish that most people buy it at.

Other than that, thankyou for filling in the obvious gaps in my knowledge of the VR3. Most helpful. I don't want to start a ruck but may I raise just a couple of points.

VPlanner uses VPM, not Buhlmann, although DecoPlanner does indeed include Buhlmann ZHL16Bwith the addition of Gradient Factors. AIUI Proplanner is based on Buhlmann but has its own version of Gradient Factors and the method it uses is unclear. The ZHL16C algorithm you mention is a dumbed down version for dive computers (ie it has less tissue groups AIUI) which allows manufacturers to set their own conservativism into the computer for product liability reasons which is what the VR3 has done. RGBM is a better model but again, the way Bruce Wienke sells it allows manufacturers to pad it first.

Kevin Gurr is an experienced diver but for him to decide a level of conservatism for the users of the VR3 is a little too prescriptive IMO, rather than starting from a base line (which was studied and tested by a more eminent expert) and allowing users to introduce their own conservatism. Buhlmann itself has its own padding in its raw form as it is largely produced with empirical data and includes padding to produce a certain probability of DCI. Perhaps Mr Gurr doesn't trust divers to be sensible, or maybe he just doesn't want to get sued. What happens when you dive in the Red Sea, or in the states (where the VR3 is also sold)? Are the settings different for those different conditions? It just doesn't feel right to me. I like to know what I am looking at and how it works. This is not clear on the VR3.

Finally, regarding cost against DIR gasses I assume you mean cutting the He content to make the fill cheaper. Which results in more narcosis, and a less 'friendly' gas IMHO. My priorities are a little different.

Kindest Regards

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Imported post

Andy or is it MR DIR ??

Your experience in the diving world, seems you can talk a good dive but do you do it ?

Last week in wales what was it 11m max ?

You say you are a PADI instructor ( i think ), do you regually teach ?

Please tell us all whats the deepest you have regually dive to ??

You must read more books than dive, when DO you put all your reading into practice ?.


As they say - you talk the talk , DO YOU WALK THE WALK


The answer is prob NO,

I am sick of people slagging stuff that they have only read about, go out and do every thing that you have read, then and only then, you will have an solid opinion on the subject.

If you dont dive to 80m + on tri mix, Keep your opinions to youself.

If you dont use a VR3 DITO , and so on.

Im sorry about this but its F~~~ing me off to listening to shite.

Simon.
 

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
Joined
·
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wetlettuce @ Dec. 11 2003,09:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Does that include the O2 sensor at £70, which is listed separately? And £200 for the analox is full retail rather than the £170 ish that most people buy it at.
Yes that’s the complete unit at list price. As you say discounts are available for the VR3 and the Analox I got £100 off list for my VR3 by shopping around.

The £70 separate is for replacement 02 sensors for the O2 analyser and the CCR interface.


[b said:
Quote[/b] ]VPlanner uses VPM, not Buhlmann, although DecoPlanner does indeed include Buhlmann ZHL16Bwith the addition of Gradient Factors. AIUI Proplanner is based on Buhlmann but has its own version of Gradient Factors and the method it uses is unclear. The ZHL16C algorithm you mention is a dumbed down version for dive computers (ie it has less tissue groups AIUI) which allows manufacturers to set their own conservativism into the computer for product liability reasons which is what the VR3 has done. RGBM is a better model but again, the way Bruce Wienke sells it allows manufacturers to pad it first.
Wrong again, an extract:

(Dive tables use additions for time, depth, and initial partial pressure of nitrogen, while dive computers have the real ambient pressure and the actual dive profile at their disposal. Therefore Bühlmann provides two modifications for the parameters, in addition to the theoretical model.) ZHL16B & ZHL16C

ZHL16B/C uses errrrrr 16 compartments that’s why its called ZH16 and not the older ZH8. The C version is the dynamic version that uses NO PADDING as the system is designed to run on reel time dive profile information and not rough estimates that are used for manual tables. Computers work on actual dive profiles where as tables are usually planned as virtual square profiles with bottom depth. As a result the tables using similar conservative factors as computers will invariably give you longer decompression.

As an example a planned Table dive on the Moldavia planned for Saturday will be 20 at 50M and 25m at 45m. If you look at my previous profiles for the Moldavia you would see that sometimes I do the dive at 48 and 42m and sometimes its all at 40 - 45m. This is because it’s a very big wreck. If they drop you on the stern section you can do 50 and 45 so that’s what we plan for. As a result even on a 45min profile in my experience with the VR3 the like for like tables will ask for up to 10mins more deco than the computer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Kevin Gurr is an experienced diver but for him to decide a level of conservatism for the users of the VR3 is a little too prescriptive IMO, rather than starting from a base line (which was studied and tested by a more eminent expert) and allowing users to introduce their own conservatism. Buhlmann itself has its own padding in its raw form as it is largely produced with empirical data and includes padding to produce a certain probability of DCI. Perhaps Mr Gurr doesn't trust divers to be sensible, or maybe he just doesn't want to get sued. What happens when you dive in the Red Sea, or in the states (where the VR3 is also sold)? Are the settings different for those different conditions? It just doesn't feel right to me. I like to know what I am looking at and how it works. This is not clear on the VR3.
Kevin Gurr invented the first Nitrox dive computer and the first He computer and he is a Maritime Electronics expert by trade and yes he is also a good diver.

Yes the settings are different for the Red sea. You set it at 0. Mr Gurr recommends you run the unit at 10% safety for UK conditions with water temperatures below 15c. That’s what they ran it on on the Britannic expedition and the Cave exploration in the Russian caves.


[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Finally, regarding cost against DIR gasses I assume you mean cutting the He content to make the fill cheaper. Which results in more narcosis, and a less 'friendly' gas IMHO. My priorities are a little different.
You can save a lot of money and just use the correct gas for the job with a END of 30m. Using a 21/35 fill for a 35m dive is a very expensive £40 gas fill where as you could use 31/10 and have an END of 24m and it would only cost £15.

With your 150 dives this year at £25 per dive that’s £3750 M8
God forbid you should do the dive on 31Nitrox you could save £32 per dive so you would only have to do 25 33m-36m dives per year to pay for a VR3.

Yes the VR3 is expensive but it’s the right tool for the job in Trimix diving and cheaper than the competition. (Abyss Explorer)

Mark Chase
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Simon @ Dec. 11 2003,11:20)]Andy or is it MR DIR ??

Your experience in the diving world, seems you can talk a good dive but do you do it ?

Last week in wales what was it 11m max ?

You say you are a PADI instructor ( i think ), do you regually teach ?

Please tell us all whats the deepest you have regually dive to ??

You must read more books than dive, when DO you put all your reading into practice ?.


As they say - you talk the talk , DO YOU WALK THE WALK


The answer is prob NO,

I am sick of people slagging stuff that they have only read about, go out and do every thing that you have read, then and only then, you will have an solid opinion on the subject.

If you dont dive to 80m + on tri mix, Keep your opinions to youself.

If you dont use a VR3 DITO , and so on.

Im sorry about this but its F~~~ing me off to listening to shite.

Simon
<font color='#000080'>Hi

I'm not MR DIR at all mate, and never pretended to be. My dive experience is on my profile for everyone to see unlike yours, I might add. Its there so anyone reading a post will have an indication of some context to put it in. Thoughtful you see.

I'm just entering trimix diving and so that is why I read a lot about it and discuss it to further my knowledge. That way I won't kill myself and will be armed with as much info as possible. Is that a bad thing? You can take my opinions or not I don't care. I've learnt a lot through this board, mostly from the arguments I've had. It is not often someone just posts with information, it is gleaned from debate and discussion.

Sadly I do read more than dive, as do most people I think, seeing as we spend more time out of the water than in it. Divings a hobby, I have a proper job which requires 50 or so hours of my time each week.

As far as Anglesey goes, can't help the depth, depends on what the weather is like. I could have sat on the boat in a huff, but instead chose to have a good time and dive, shame you weren't there but perhaps you were on one of these 80m dives you were talking about. It is interesting that you have a fixation on depth, rather than what is at that depth, a testosterone thing perhaps?

It seems you think that to discuss (which is what I was doing with Mark) a VR3 you need to be doing 80m+ on trimix. Tell me, do you think the dive shop salesman dives 80mtrs when he sells the VR3? Perhaps it would be better to discuss the 80mtr trimix dives AFTER I've done one, yes that sounds very sensible. You go first though


If everyone had your attitude mate of doing it rather than reading it then there would be no books and therefore no knowledge to pass on, and, following that to its natural beginning, we would still be figuring out how to light a fire. Thankfully everyone doesn't share your views.

This is a forum where one is able to discuss diving. It has words in it. Whilst I enjoy the light hearted banter I prefer the debates but there is a balance which is cool. I fail to see what you have added. Having been around for a while and openly diving DIR, I feel pretty much flameproof TBH.

I don't know what DITO means, presumably some clever insult, well done.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Im sorry about this but its F~~~ing me off to listening to shite.
OK, the only voice you are hearing is the one in your head, as I was definitely not writing to you, and the only shite you are listening to is yours, as you interpret what you are reading, and with your open hostility towards reading, this leads me to believe that you aren't very good at it. IMHO of course and with no offence meant.

Kindest Regards

Andy

PS Feel free to discuss the VR3, but sticks and stones and all that is kind of boring and I've heard it all before. (in fact I should copy and paste a standard response)
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi

Seems to be not my day today.

Ok I was wrong about the price, you win.


As far as the difference between Buhlmann ZHL-16B and ZHL-16C I thought that the C was made MORE conservative. I was indeed wrong about the departments but it was a long time since I read it. The compartments thing was a feature of the Cochrane range which has 8 compartments. Wrong computer.

Anyway I found where I had read about Buhlmann and an extract is here

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In an attempt to address some of these factors, Buhlmann suggested and made several modifications to his algorithms. For dive table production, the “a” values were altered to be a little more conservative, principally in the middle compartments, resulting in a variation of the algorithm called ZH-L16B. Further variations to both middle and upper “a” values are used in ZH-L16C, intended for use in dive computers, where the exact depth and time tracking removed some of the natural conservatism associated with table use. Attempts to include the effects of some of the other predisposing factors mentioned above led to the ZH-L8 ADT “adaptive” algorithm, implemented on the latest Aladdin dive computers.
ie as the natural conservatism from table use was removed they further adjusted the values to ensure that conservatism was maintained. ie even though you are diving the computer the same level of conservatism is included as if you were on tables. At least thats how I interpret it

The full article is here. Its very good IMO. Theres a good snippet about helium as well.

Buhlmann and his algorithms

Andy

PS Aren't books just great?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Simon @ Dec. 11 2003,11:20)]Andy or is it MR DIR ??

Your experience in the diving world, seems you can talk a good dive but do you do it ?

Last week in wales what was it 11m max ?

You say you are a PADI instructor ( i think ), do you regually teach ?

Please tell us all whats the deepest you have regually dive to ??

You must read more books than dive, when DO you put all your reading into practice ?.


As they say - you talk the talk , DO YOU WALK THE WALK


The answer is prob NO,

I am sick of people slagging stuff that they have only read about, go out and do every thing that you have read, then and only then, you will have an solid opinion on the subject.

If you dont dive to 80m + on tri mix, Keep your opinions to youself.

If you dont use a VR3 DITO , and so on.

Im sorry about this but its F~~~ing me off to listening to shite.

Simon.
Simon

Just have a look at Andy's profile, then you could answer your own questions re experience. Can't tell about yours though.

With regard to having opinions on equipment you have not used, well everybody does that. Should you have to buy a VR3 to make a decision that you did not need one after all?

Did you test and use avery peice of kit in existance before buying what you have now?

And whats's wrong with reading books? Can't think of a better thing to do when hanging deco
And it's a good way to find out details that are skipped in many training courses.

If you don't like what you read, skip it. I find the pros/cons of these discussions useful.

Well Andy has got his response in while I was reading and writing. I  agree with regarding your attitude.

Adrian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Imported post

Guys, my opinion is really -  how can you comment about something without doing it ?.Its like saying i dont like black pudding, but havent tried it,how then can you have a real opinion, this is what im talking about.

Ok, reading about other peoplels opinion is not your own, is it?

I have been diving for over 5 years,
I have used, single cylinders, twins and rebreathers.
I have bought and used equipment from allsorts of makers, and i have my own opinion on what i use, I am tri mix quallified and  have over 200 tri mix dives (more than some tri mix instructors) and i am just finishing my SDI/TDI instructor. I dive nearly every weekend mostly below 45m.

So dosent this entitle me to my own opinion, not one i read from a book.

Does that answer your question ?

But probably NO , because you lot will argue together about almost any thing.I also read from books and get othe opinions and make my own mind up.

Regards and happy diving

simon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Imported post

Guys, my opinion is really -  how can you comment about something without doing it ?.Its like saying i dont like black pudding, but havent tried it,how then can you have a real opinion, this is what im talking about.

Ok, reading about other peoplels opinion is not your own, is it?

I have been diving for over 5 years,
I have used, single cylinders, twins and rebreathers.
I have bought and used equipment from allsorts of makers, and i have my own opinion on what i use, I am tri mix quallified and  have over 200 tri mix dives (more than some tri mix instructors) and i am just finishing my SDI/TDI instructor. I dive nearly every weekend mostly below 45m.

So dosent this entitle me to my own opinion, not one i read from a book.

Does that answer your question ?

But probably NO , because you lot will argue together about almost any thing.I also read from books and get othe opinions and make my own mind up.

Regards and happy diving

simon
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Guys, my opinion is really -  how can you comment about something without doing it ?.Its like saying i dont like black pudding, but havent tried it,how then can you have a real opinion, this is what im talking about.
Or perhaps its like saying 'Well, I've never tried Black pudding, but everything I've read says its not very nice, my mother doesn't like it and neither do any of my friends, but I am happy to discuss it with you guys before I really make my mind up'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Simon @ Dec. 11 2003,13:06)]So dosent this entitle me to my own opinion, not one i read from a book.

Does that answer your question ?

But probably NO , because you lot will argue together about almost any thing.I also read from books and get othe opinions and make my own mind up.

Regards and happy diving

simon
Hi

Do you use the VR3?

If you have an opinion about the VR3 Simon then share it, I don't think anyone will begrudge that, but just saying that someone is talking shite without qualifying it is perhaps not the best way to join the thread. Good job this is YD and not handbagnet, you can actually get a word in edgeways here.

Regards and happy diving to you too.

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Imported post

Do you use the VR3?

yes i do use a VR, and i think its the best thing ive bought last year, apart from my YBODwhich i have had for 3 months.

I have used a nitek3 a vyper, and now i use a VR3.

The reason for this is i find it better that tables (i still use, deco plan as a matter) It gets me out of the water faster, it does on the fly deco.If i was on tables and diving to 65m but only half a min was spent at this depth the rest, say 59m why do your table stops, i would if the VR3 went tits up, as i carry tables as well.

I just wish i had bought it 2 years ago and save money on buying other computers and wasting money onthe type of diving I do.

Simon
 
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Top