YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
For some bizarre reason....
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the Vytec calculates this?

Because if I take the change in cylinder pressure and either the max or ave depth, and duration, I don't get the same answers, eg

Breathing Rate (litres per min)= Cyl Vol * Cyl DP / Abs P (ave Depth) / duration

Cheers, Paul

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
How big a difference are you getting on the diff results? Breathing rate ............ is that the same as SAC?

Due to ADD I didn't check your formula! :)

Do you have any dive statistics to give? I have a little SS I created and I'd love to see how far I am out from the 'real figure'.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
I just Googled ............ do any of these help?

Remember dive tables?

The three-color bar graphs are effective, especially the ascent-rate bar. ... The Vytec DS is one of the more conservative computers of this year's group, ...
www.scubadiving.com/200611_scubalab - 77k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
pDiveLog Revision History

Vyper/Vytec: Added code to read air temperature from computer. ... Added Average Breathing Rate display; Fixed time display bug after downloading profiles ...
www.inner-space.co.uk/pdivelog/revisions.html - 12k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
Divernet | Kit Q&A | Kit Q&A January 2004

I am thinking about buying an air-integrated computer but I am told that the diver's breathing-rate affects its decompression calculation. ...
www.divernet.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?id=4554&section=1006&action=display&show= - 64k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
[PDF] The best cure for

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Suunto Vytec, Stinger,. Cobra,Vyper and Mosquito all feature RGBM technology. ... While exertion is a factor, breathing rate can be affected by a number of ...
www.aqualung.com/technical_library/Microbubble.pdf - Similar pages - Note this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts