YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever programmed into the DS a richer mix for mix 1 than mix 2? I set mine recently for 32% for mix 1, and 21% air for mix 2 to see how it would behave. The manual states that you should set the leanest mix first and so on.
I found that the mix (32%) would flash at my current depth (approx 25m). I'm guessing that it was saying that mix 2 (21%) was available to switch to as it was within my MOD. I switched over to set 21% and no more flashing.
anyone else faffed in this manner?

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
hi ya johnny

i have the vytec ds, and im sure it says that your gas 2 and 3 must be richer than mix 1 getting gradualy stronger !!

ive tried a 32% as my main back gas and then 40% as a deco gas and it worked fine !!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, thats right. but i thought i'd try and put mix 2 LEANER than mix 1 to see how the 'puter responded. i got a flashing mix figure. i reckon it's telling me that i can switch mix. It's no big deal, just thought i'd mess with settings. i like to faff.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Maybe irrrelevant ramblings but ...

Got a standard Vytech, not the DS version. However when in the water ANY nitrox mix flashes - irrespective of wheather I've got another mix turned on or not.

·
412 Posts
You can put risher mixes in first if you wish, as has be stated it undermines the idea but yes people who do it, like Johnny Boy do it just to see if it works, Ive done it:teeth:

As to the flashing, yes it flashes to inform you that you can change to your next mix because you have not exceeded its MOD.

Ian

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for the confirmation Paddy Diver. I thought thats what it was telling me.

Dive Buddha - nope, didn't do it in a deco situation, nor would i. was just playing. Like yourself, i would have mix 1 at 32% or whatever, and mix 2 at say 50% for deco on the way back to the silver shimmering ceiling

1 - 7 of 7 Posts