YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I came across the forums on a google search and then spotted a post by an online game playing mate, Ancl here on World of Warcraft. Eight million subscribers to WoW and I happen to find a post from one of my online mates on an unrelated forum....spooky...

Anyway, I'm not a diver yet, but will be training through an SAA club later this year, so I'm spending the time until then trying to improve my fitness a bit (too much time playing computer games)!

No doubt I'll have lots of stupid questions before I'm done, so I apologise in advance :embarassed:

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome to YD :)

Someone will be along soon to recommend the best Trimix course and technical diving rig ;) :)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Dave,

a warm welcome to YD, good luck with your course.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
193 Posts
good luck with course and when you do pass this is the place to answer all those what does that mean......and what does this do.....and where can i get that from....questions amongst other queries

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hello !

Hi mate

Nice to see you have posted on YD.

Good Luck with the training and see you in Azeroth soon :)

Andy

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you've read the WoW thread, you'll know we have a YD guild on the Alonsus server...should you be interested. Are you Horde? (is there any other choice?)

As for the diving, I've just started mine and hadn't realised just how unfit I am, after sitting behind a desk for too long. Not good!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Southern Dave, welcome to the Mother Ship of Wannabe Divers.

Looking at the weather report this weekend, that's probably everyone on here.

Hope the diving gets you hooked - enjoy!

alice

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all - impatience has got the better of me and I'm going to do the PADI OW + drysuit course in one 5 day hit in the next month, then crossover to the SAA training for the remainder of my training in slow (read: sensible!) time.

Anita, I wasn't aware there was a YD guild, so I've started a horde Priest on the Alonsus server. A huge level 12 so far :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yay!! We really need a priest in the guild too!

Post your name on here, and we'll invite you into the guild. Looking forward to seeing you online. :teeth:

·
"we sit at the bar sipping ice and white Russian"
408 Posts
welcome and a nice sensible approach....dont go to fast best way..take it all at your own speed...after a 5 day course you will still be asking questions i still do after 10 years of diving welcome and good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts