YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Just before we go out and spend a fortune on some more matching fins, does anyone happen to have a Mares Avanti Quattro, size regular, that they no longer require or found at some stage.........or even a pair for sale?  Colour is immaterial, it's more the state of my wallet that I am concerned about!

One of Caroline's now lies at rest somewhere near the Aoelian Sky!

If anyone can help, please drop me an e-mail or pm

Cheers all

Lou

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

£25 gets you a pair of Idea3s, bright blue  

I'll even throw in a spare fin strap for it..

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

last time i qwent to roho they were doing pink PINK!!! mares something or other for 20 notes.  want some?

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (andy2tanx @ May 28 2003,22:21)]last time i qwent to roho they were doing pink PINK!!! mares something or other for 20 notes.  want some?
<font color='#000080'>pink !!   Suddenly £20 seems expensive  

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

oh i dont know.  maybe we should all get a pair for the anglesey weekend?

thoughts?

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

XL is wayyyyy too big, Jay, but ta anyway.  Her old one(s) were regular and they are the right size in a Quattro.  I would actually be keen on her getting something similar again purely because then I know she will keep up with me.  It was amazing the difference between me dawdling with Quattros and her paddling like f...mad in some naff Beaver things we hired.

Although......Dom, what size are the Idea3s?  That's what we have when diving wet and she likes those.  Only problem I find is that they are a bit long when you are trying to put them on aboard a rib.

Do you think there is much difference between Quattros and the ones below them?  Anyone had any experience?

Cheers for all the help

Lou

·
Registered
47 Posts
Imported post

Lou

Only just seen your post. I have a single Quattro in black - regular size. Lost the other one off a RIB a year or so back.

Shame, I had it in the car at Swanage last weekend - being as you rolled my SMB so neatly (I think it was you!!) it's yours if you want it.

Let me know.

Kevin

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kevin @ May 29 2003,08:24)]I have a single Quattro in black - regular size. Lost the other one off a RIB a year or so back.
<font color='#0000FF'>Kevin

I have a single balck fin I think it's a quattro found it on a wreck long time ago, it's cluttering up my dive box.  Maybe we could make a pair.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>has this woman got three feet or did I miss the point?
jules

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lou @ May 28 2003,21:19)]One of Caroline's now lies at rest somewhere near the Aoelian Sky!
Hmmmm....you miss the point!  

When we were doing the YD thang at Swanage this weekend my other half waved goodbye to one of her fins in 30m of the salty stuff.  Hence we need to buy a new pair,

OR

....find out if someone has another single that could e matched up.  All these lost fins must leave lonely singles behind somewhere!  

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>but if you have got one, and fiona and kevin both give you one then you will have 3!!
That's greedy if you only have two feet...

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Imported post

I think that Fiona was rather offering her lonely single to Kevin, rather than me!

But I agree, 3 fins would just be greedy for 2 feet!

Maybe there is a market for a single fins dating agency.  We could find partners for all those desrted fins out there.  Except monofins of course, they'll have to continue amusing themselves....oo-er!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lou @ May 29 2003,14:33)]But I agree, 3 fins would just be greedy for 2 feet!
<font color='#000080'>ooohhh a threesome...  Oh I don't know the very thought..

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Imported post

But Daz, one would just end up watching the other two....it'd never work.  

·
Registered
47 Posts
Imported post

Fiona

Lost mine somewhere off the south coast over a wreck called 'Shiralla'. Thanks for the offer but I couldn't bear the agony and heartbreak if your odd fin turned out to be another!! It was such a sad day - I just had to be brave and go straight out and buy a new set (and have since obtained yet another set of spares).

Cheers

Kevin

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Kevin

Unless it finned all the way to Scotland I don't think its yours.

Fiona

1 - 20 of 22 Posts