YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Buzz
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any spare cave line / string going spare?

I don't need the 700ft ball from Niknaks and if I cannibalise any more from my reel I'm going to find myself hoisted up by my smb! About a metre or two would be great.

Happy to cover costs or make a donation to the RNLI.

Paul

·
No longer open water diver
1,319 Posts
you can have some line from my Buddy Pocket Reel of Death! :teeth:

though it is a bit finer than cave line/SMB reel line.

pm me if interested and i'll post you some of it.

Al

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
you can have some line from my Buddy Pocket Reel of Death! :teeth:

Al
Al
Strange that I too have a Buddy Pocket Reel of Death! It now lays in the bottom of my 'spares'kit box with my Scubapro Reel of Death and with the 30 metres of line from my Beaver reel the pieces of which never went back into the box. Anyone see a pattern emerging here? :)

·
No longer open water diver
1,319 Posts
Al
Strange that I too have a Buddy Pocket Reel of Death! It now lays in the bottom of my 'spares'kit box with my Scubapro Reel of Death and with the 30 metres of line from my Beaver reel the pieces of which never went back into the box. Anyone see a pattern emerging here? :)
it's a mother-lode of string, but that is about all!

i haven't even the heart to sell it to some unsuspecting ocean diver.

the seabed hasn't yet gifted me a Scubapro Reel of Death! :)

Al

·
The man who makes nice "SHINY" things
1,706 Posts
Paul

What thikness of line do you need as i have some sizes in stock ranging from 1.8mm, 2mm & 6mm cave line.

John

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Not being a builder - is this stuff any good, i.e. the right quality??
i got some yellow brick line ages ago, its a bit thin for reel, so have used it for attaching stuff, but then if there is a rough edge it wears quickly.

i also got ebay item 200064200876 recently 132m of 2.5 mm line, which so far looks ok, it was for my big Salvo reel, it is slightly thinker than the stuff that was on it but could have easily got away with the 3mm, with would have been nicer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.