YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The man who makes nice "SHINY" things
1,706 Posts
Chris give me a call regarding the items you require.

You will NOT need to take out a MORGAGE :D

john

·
1,706 Posts
Somebody did on fleabay recently and with postage paid what I did for mine new!
Helen i saw that and i was amazed at the price it went for.

And you had a handle Modification, is it working better after our quick chat

John

·
Custom User Title
292 Posts
I can't help here but it never ceases to amaze me that people will pay more on eBay than retail price for items.

I've seen it all, weight pockets, reels, SMBs. torches, regs drysuits etc

We had a guy come into the LDS with a set of regs so @@@@ed that by the time they were serviced, parts replaced etc he was within £10 of the price of a new set with a lifetime warranty.

I have seen the same with locally with dry suits, that need new boots, seals and dumps before they can be used, more expensive than buying new :rolleyes:

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
It dosn't harm to ask!
Quite right, shy bairns get nowt - but do give that nice man John a ring :)

Helen i saw that and i was amazed at the price it went for.

And you had a handle Modification, is it working better after our quick chat

John
Indeed, I did have mine made left handed, and then with another winding knob added without cost too. Superb service John, and yes, it's working like a dream now (nothing to do with the reel folks - I missed an o-ring when I swapped over the spool that John sent me with the additional knob on it).

I was't surprised it went so high on ebay, being the loverlee bit of kit that it is, I just dunno why people don't check out the 'new' price before bidding on these things - like Silly Car says, sometimes second hand is not always cheaper.

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Just a thought

There again the buyer may have lived round the corner & so didn't need to pay p&p which made it cheap & lets be fair about this the indestructable nature of KT stuff means that it won't break in "normal " use ever :spliff:
Says he who bent his KT rebreather frame in 4 places last week :embarassed:

·
1,706 Posts
Says he who bent his KT rebreather frame in 4 places last week :embarassed:
How did you do it, added a few wheels and a battery & used it as a motorized scooter to go round the caravan site :teeth:

does it need the masters touch to fix it :D

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
We had a guy come into the LDS with a set of regs so @@@@ed that by the time they were serviced, parts replaced etc he was within £10 of the price of a new set with a lifetime warranty.
but if the kit comes with a life time warranty then he shouldnt have paid for the repair? just the service which we all pay for.

Graham

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
There again the buyer may have lived round the corner & so didn't need to pay p&p which made it cheap & lets be fair about this the indestructable nature of KT stuff means that it won't break in "normal " use ever

Good point, but if I am paying full price, or nigh-on, I'd still rather have shiney and new!

·
Registered
411 Posts
but if the kit comes with a life time warranty then he shouldnt have paid for the repair? just the service which we all pay for.

Graham
AFAIK most of the life time warrantys are for the original purchaser and there are conditions like the regs must be serviced every year by an approved service agent.

·
5,509 Posts
How did you do it, added a few wheels and a battery & used it as a motorized scooter to go round the caravan site :teeth:

does it need the masters touch to fix it :D

Believe me the way dives keep getting canned by these wimpy Rhib skippers :angel: it would get more use as a motorized zimmer for SWMBO ! LOL

·
5,509 Posts
If any body is interested I'm selling my Manta Junior with pretty pink line ( thanks John) so make me an offer :teeth: so I can spend more on shiny diving tat from you know who :redface:

·
1,706 Posts
If any body is interested I'm selling my Manta Junior with pretty pink line ( thanks John) so make me an offer :teeth:
Use as a dog lead

·
1,706 Posts
in pink ?????only on a poodle which I do not have BTW .
The line is strong enough to hold your MUTT, but i do not now about the reel though. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.