YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
ive got a 90lb one if its of any use ?

to be honest i dived it with a single and twins no probs and only changed to a 45lb one when i sold my twins

and moved to a single only and got a good second hand one

i cant tell the difference, its bungied so you get no drag and how can you have to much lift ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Missed all the good weather????? Now that it's cooled down a little I find it so much better as I'm not cooking inside my drysuit in the 5 minutes it takes me to jump in :D

Glad you got one in the end. Let me know how you get on ;)

·
Circle 13 - Doing It Right
122 Posts
its bungied so you get no drag QUOTE]

the actuall texture and shape on surface of the bungeed wing actually creates more drag, because it hasn't got a smooth surface like unbungied wings , also the bungies are an entanglment and snag hazard especially if penetrating a wreck , just my 2 cents :D

·
Registered
572 Posts

the actuall texture and shape on surface of the bungeed wing actually creates more drag, because it hasn't got a smooth surface like unbungied wings , also the bungies are an entanglment and snag hazard especially if penetrating a wreck , just my 2 cents :D
so you are saying a unbungied 90lb wing flapping about on a single tank creates less drag than a bungied one ???

dont think so !

·
'we are here for a good time, not a long time'
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so you are saying a unbungied 90lb wing flapping about on a single tank
:eek: and i thought my WTX4 on a single was bad enough! ;)

I don't know how we have survived so long TBH as i dive with lots of people with bungeed wings, twin 10's and Force Fins, some even use all 3 at the same time! considering non of them use a long hose and frequently dive solo we must all be just very lucky with all those odds stacked against us :p

·
and his lucky wooden reel
571 Posts

What a load of bollocks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.