YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it has happened. The KISS has gone to a new owner (Mr Reikimaster) and just when I'd fallen in love with it again.

I am now the owner of an Inspo. It's a very nice Inspo. All shiny and posh. But an Inspo all the same.

I would like to publicly state that I have already eaten my hat, as vowed several times previously I would before I ever bought an AP unit. I would also like my pride back, as it seems I have had to swallow that too.

Ho hum. Roll on people taking the piss out of me for days and crap trim from here on in.

Digs.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
What you don't realise (being a juvenile) that all the Inspos built by fisher price comments are actually a compliment.

As any parent will tell you Fisher Price make tough toys.

How is that pea sized brain of yours going to cope with three cells and three readings, instead of the, on a good day, two and nore usual one?

Did you sell the soldering iron with the Kiss?

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You cheeky monkey! It was 2 cells on the KISS because I didn't need 3. Of course the old handsets were cack. But then anyone who's arsed about with the new displays knows they're cack. The old displays I got in the end were lovely. And the VR3 cable on there now so integrated deco, Cooper hoses fitted, it was turning into a lovely unit. But alas. I now have a yellow bastard box in my garage.

Luckily the modifications have already begun.

Digs.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Well, it has happened. The KISS has gone to a new owner (Mr Reikimaster) and just when I'd fallen in love with it again.

I am now the owner of an Inspo. It's a very nice Inspo. All shiny and posh. But an Inspo all the same.

I would like to publicly state that I have already eaten my hat, as vowed several times previously I would before I ever bought an AP unit. I would also like my pride back, as it seems I have had to swallow that too.

Ho hum. Roll on people taking the piss out of me for days and crap trim from here on in.

Digs.

I do hope you showed him all you homemade mod's :D ... given time he will spot HOVVER and B&Q stamps and mouldings

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Christ on a bike, the poor bloke will need more than Reiki to protect him from the Digibox :eek:

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
We will have to have a Hat Eating ceremony at a future YD bash with photos saved for posterity.

Never said I told you so. All of us could see this coming apart from the Diggster himself! After the conversation I recall where the 'It's great, but it's a bit of a sod to fly on the ascent' words were used, the writing was on the wall. I was actually expecting a Boris, so you've let me down a little .

:D

Have fun with your Yellow Box of Death :D

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At the risk of saying something I have to take back a couple of years down the line, I am never ever in a million years going to buy a Submatix. They're just a badly made KISS. ;) And you don't want one either. I know you don't. I don't know which unit you do want, I'd suggest an Evo at this point, the perfect ladies unit. Like twin 7s, but for rebreathers :)

And there was no way in a million years I'd have got a Boris. I don't have the money to even think about it, it was a stretch finding the £250 to cover the extra cost of the Inspo!

Digs.

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
At the risk of saying something I have to take back a couple of years down the line, I am never ever in a million years going to buy a Submatix. They're just a badly made KISS. ;) And you don't want one either. I know you don't. I don't know which unit you do want, I'd suggest an Evo at this point, the perfect ladies unit. Like twin 7s, but for rebreathers :)

And there was no way in a million years I'd have got a Boris. I don't have the money to even think about it, it was a stretch finding the £250 to cover the extra cost of the Inspo!

Digs.
Actually I am quite interested in the rEvo :embarassed: Once I satisfy myself on the logistics of the 2 'mini' scrubbers. Need to check them out at the dive show. BUT ! that does not mean you have the slightest idea what is good for me ! ;)

Could you not make me a side slung :angel:

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Well I never. How long will it take you to brake this new toy and go looking elsewhere? Plus, as your continually skint how will you cope with the vast sums of cash wanted by AP when your new baby needs its nappies changing?

Seriously Digger, I hope you enjoy your new toy, and I hope you have great success with it. Speaking to John Mitchell yesterday, he says he's had a lot of fun with it and its not cost him as much as some for servicing.

Give me a call if your heading to Stoney.

Dave C

·
beware of limitations
3,443 Posts
Actually I am quite interested in the rEvo :embarassed:

Me too. If only it was engineered somewhere else. I mean, France. For God's sake. I've had a citroen and a peugeot. My family has had renaults. I reckon they're held together by jism and the power of prayer.

I mean, if only they were German, or Japs; I could live with it. But a nation who's collective solution to any probelm is to shrug, scratch their chins, grunt and go for a kip just doesn't fill me with the confidence required to shell out a few grand on something that may well kill me.

It - like so many french things - is just - so - damn sexy. I might have to give it a go.

·
11,983 Posts
Me too. If only it was engineered somewhere else. I mean, France. For God's sake. I've had a citroen and a peugeot. My family has had renaults. I reckon they're held together by jism and the power of prayer.

I mean, if only they were German, or Japs; I could live with it. But a nation who's collective solution to any probelm is to shrug, scratch their chins, grunt and go for a kip just doesn't fill me with the confidence required to shell out a few grand on something that may well kill me.

It - like so many french things - is just - so - damn sexy. I might have to give it a go.
Very good point and I agree but I must suggest that when it comes to sexy the Italians have it. The Mares catalogue is so erotic ! Any Italian rebreathers to enhance my diving image then ? :p

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts

I agree. As a frenchman by heritage, it's a case of style over substance wit the french sometimes. It'll look amazing and work great for a few weeks, then suddenly it will develop a mind of it's own, randomly shut off, and then bits will start to fall off when you least expect it.

·
11,983 Posts
It'll look amazing and work great for a few weeks, then suddenly it will develop a mind of it's own, randomly shut off, and then bits will start to fall off when you least expect it.

Sounds like some of my previous, non-starter, boyfriends :rolleyes: Except for the mind of it's own bit, that worked in reverse.

·
11,983 Posts
Oh Sixy, did Scribley and Canoe Boy gang up on you and persuade you needed a 'breather after the Northern Isles trip? ;) :D
:teeth: Actually I've been mulling over a rebreather now for about 6 months, just know I can't do anything about until I have some money :frown:
They still ganged up on me though :cry:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.