YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know wheres a good place to get really stiff webbing for a harness?
I purchased some online but it was far to "soft". I'd continue to buy online but am not prepared to pay and find it's soft cheap stuff.

I'm also looking to see if it's got the gromit hole already in it with stainless/brass ring in it as well :) :)

Seen or got some??

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
To be honest, if you get a soldering iron and burn a hole it will be as strong as one of the brass eyelets. They don't take well to webbing a lot of the time.

If you want really really stiff stuff with an eyelet in it you're looking at Halcyon or OMS I think, but it will cost you. They will sell it as a "harness kit" or somthing, and probably try and take £40 off you.

I use the Woz stuff on my harnesses and find it stiff enough for my needs. It isn't as plastic if you know what I mean, and is stiff due to the tightness of the weave and the thickness. I find it's as comfortable as other types I've used, some of which dug in to my shoulders and hips when using wetsuits.

Digs.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I bet this is for a meg?:teeth:

I have an original ISC Deluxe harness i might sell as its too small for me.:embarassed:

Stiff enough to shave with!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bet this is for a meg?:teeth:

I have an original ISC Deluxe harness i might sell as its too small for me.:embarassed:

Stiff enough to shave with!
Hey Mate.

How'd ya know it's for a Meg??

I've also got the deluxe Meg harness and I'm after swapping it out for a "stiffer" harness.

On a seperate note.... how's "my"
explorer going??? ready to part with it yet???

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Hey Mate.

How'd ya know it's for a Meg??

I've also got the deluxe Meg harness and I'm after swapping it out for a "stiffer" harness.

On a seperate note.... how's "my"
explorer going??? ready to part with it yet???

You need stiffer than the meg harness?! why not bamboo?!

That thing is so uncomfortable, i ve gone for a trans pac instead!

Explorer s fine, waiting to use it but few minor glitches with other equipment:embarassed:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need stiffer than the meg harness?! why not bamboo?!

mines not that stiff

That thing is so uncomfortable, i ve gone for a trans pac instead!

Explorer s fine, waiting to use it but few minor glitches with other equipment:embarassed:
What's gone wrong??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts