YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Thinking Rude thoughts
239 Posts
Try tightening the screws on the springs that make contact with the battery. Same thing happened to me and that sorted it.

Failing that, try a dive off Wexford in southern Ireland, that's where I lost my light cannon and if you find it you're welcome to it!

·
Diving since 1970, must be doing it right!
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
battery OK

Hi
it is the rechargeable I have so the contact is OK..bulb seems to pop out and if I push it in it stays OK for a while..I have a feeling that the last bulb I bought was a Halcyon and not UK...if I had another to play with I could find the duff part

·
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uk Hid - Eureka

gave up on my UK Light Canon and bought a UK E-led 8 plus (2 LED with heat sink)...and bunged the rechargeable battery from the Light Canon in it...for interest, I put standard batteries and battery fitting from the ELED in the Light Canon and it works fine...so...my theory is that the UK rechargeable battery is (at 3 years) too old to reliably fire up a HID but is fine for LED...so I just need a new rechargeable and I have 2 light sabres :)

·
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice

eLed Plus is good...better than the old eLed..having the choice between 1 and 2 LED switch makes the battery last for hours..I have done 6 hours worth of diving on 1 charge (switching off when not needed)

The light Canon wins on distance..but the LED is identical when you shine side by side from a metre or so...for the price (£100) - the eLed 8 is a belter..and I use the £30 Lenser Frogman as a backup..and it is a light sabre...same distance as the Light Canon but a narrow, focussed beam..will buy a new rechargeable for the Canon and get another 3 years I hope..It has been dragged around Scottish sites and clanged round Scapa for years and is still going strong

When I took it caving in Italy I got " we are not worthy" signals from all the Italian cavers :)

·
His Holeyness
2,198 Posts
I'm just waiting for the bulb to go in my Cannon . . .

I was just wondering if it would make more sense to go to eLED at that point,

and for the kind of diving I'm doing these days, I guess it would.

ColinM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts