YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a plan for the bank holiday weekend. Diving at Babbacombe on Saturday and Sunday, then out on a boat on Monday. It had been formulating for months. We did a couple of dives, and managed to see one cuttlefish briefly, although I think others saw more. The viz was terrible if you were deeper than about 4m. At some points, I couldn't see the compass to follow the bearing back to shore. The clarity I remembered from last year was nowhere to be found. At this point, my disappointment at leaving my camera at home disappeared.

We were quite a big group, and several of us were camping at a nearby site. We planned for a barbeque on Saturday night as the weather was fine and we all chipped in with supplies. The wine and beer went down rather well, and we all had a great evening. A small tip if anyone is considering disposable barbeques.... Tesco's and Sainsbury's are much better than Budgens :)

Saturday's diving had so bad in terms of viz that we decided to bin Sunday. We felt a trip to the Eden Project would be a better idea so we arranged to meet some locals for a day out instead. However, that was not to be, either. We had a small thought that the car had not much liked babbacome hill on Saturday, but on Sunday morning it refused to start. So, the day trip was replaced by a delightful journey home on a low loader. We had no choice but to bin Monday's diving as well.

Frosty, QS... I hope you all had a fantastic time yesterday, and I am really sorry we couldn't get there :(

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Oh dear. At least you had a nice BBQ :)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Scubee,

at least you tried, ATEOTD part of the allure [for me] of diving in the UK, is the fact we never know what to expect.

Hope the car isn't terminal.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
Hi Scubee,

at least you tried, ATEOTD part of the allure [for me] of diving in the UK, is the fact we never know what to expect.

Hope the car isn't terminal.

Safe diving,
Steve

Yes, you're right there Steve; I must say that I'm starting to find 10-30m vis every time I dive just a little bit tedious. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts