YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my Google thingy said the moon was 'waxing gibbous 99%' and at some time during the day it has clicked over to 100% full tonight.

Weird, me that is, I expected it to stay 99% tonight and then come up at 100% tomorrow!

That'll really fit in with there being approc 30 days to a lunar cycle. I can be incredibly dense sometimes.

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Interesting. I just found this. It's always nice to learn real new words (as opposed to crappy americanised buzz words like proactive which I detest with every atom of my being).

I am however a little upset as I thought this waxing thread was a follow up to your camel toe one. Ah well.:frown:

·
old time
6,658 Posts
This morning my Google thingy said the moon was 'waxing gibbous 99%' and at some time during the day it has clicked over to 100% full tonight.

Weird, me that is, I expected it to stay 99% tonight and then come up at 100% tomorrow!

That'll really fit in with there being approc 30 days to a lunar cycle. I can be incredibly dense sometimes.
Bloody hell Fin ..... I thought i would get away from this sort of thing on my 4 days off from work.

Are you becoming a star gazer now ?????????????

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Interesting. I just found this. It's always nice to learn real new words (as opposed to crappy americanised buzz words like proactive which I detest with every atom of my being).

I am however a little upset as I thought this waxing thread was a follow up to your camel toe one. Ah well.:frown:
Good link!

Proactive ............ bloody marketing speak? I suppose the Americans are responsible for the plethora of buzz words and over hyped marketing that has polluted the world. Don't they realize that people don't believe in marketing ........ I suppose it must work if people buy the stuff? :(

I'm more likely to believe and be interested in a product if the person selling sounds honest and hasn't just been dipped in 'happy suggary over polite cream'!

If someone phones me up with a telemarketing call I politely tell them I'm not interested. If they persist I then hang up!!!!

Holistic!!!!! Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure the Google Home Page link I use to Current Moon Phase uses the word 'gibbous' all the way through the waxing phase of the moon which contradicts (possibly) what I read on your link? Cursed memory!!!

Oh well, only another month to go to check whether I remembered that correctly.

Waxed camel toes, eh? I'll bet they'll get the hump? :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts