YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace our old chip fryer with a new new and easy to wash one. Easy methinks, get on Google and .................... FFS, every result of the first page was for a site that compares prices. What a complete PITA. The internet is being ruined by these types of site? I just can't be bothered to look anymore!

Oh yes, can anyone recommend a good, easy to clean, chip frier .......... please avoid responses that involve "getting the sack for putting one's dick in the chip frier" etc! :)

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Make oven chips on a tray and use tin foil. Chuck the tin foil away and viola! No washing up.

(edit, you can tell that I'm single these days)

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make oven chips on a tray and use tin foil. Chuck the tin foil away and viola! No washing up.

I don't like oven chips. They are too big! I like thin crispy chips ............. mmmmmmmm, delisssssssiousssss!

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Asda were selling some rather shiney steel ones for a pretty good price.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I want to replace our old chip fryer with a new new and easy to wash one. Easy methinks, get on Google and .................... FFS, every result of the first page was for a site that compares prices. What a complete PITA. The internet is being ruined by these types of site? I just can't be bothered to look anymore!

Oh yes, can anyone recommend a good, easy to clean, chip frier .......... please avoid responses that involve "getting the sack for putting one's dick in the chip frier" etc! :)
Get a proffesional (small) deep fat fryer like Parry, Lincat and the like. They usually come to bits leaving only a stainless steel bowl and are very easy to clean. They are a bit more expensive than the Argos type of thing.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Get a proffesional (small) deep fat fryer like Parry, Lincat and the like. They usually come to bits leaving only a stainless steel bowl and are very easy to clean. They are a bit more expensive than the Argos type of thing.
Yep they are the best:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,810 Posts

And obviously emminently sensible. That's the way I do itoo, and get really cross when Mr Scubee forgets the tinfoil, then leaves me to wash up the tray :frown:

·
Madame Wheelie-Bin
5,067 Posts
I'm sorry, this needs to be said though:-

You lot need to get out more! A whole page, and more, of discussing a deep fat fryer!

It could only happen on YD!

Long may it continue!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I've just got a Tefal Family Pro, which totally dismantles for cleaning. It's only been used twice so I can't tell you how simple it is, it cooks chips OK though :teeth:

As for the price comparison sites on Google, try this GMBMG

Arfie

·
His Holeyness
2,198 Posts
Just got one from ASDA, 2ltr, non-stick removable bowl, drop down basket, timer, variable temperature . . .

£13.00

Yup

£13.00 . . . .

ColinM

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
I've only used it twice, but it does the biz.

I chose it because it has a timer, which turn it off when it's done.

I have managed to leave them turned on in the past :embarassed:

ColinM
ideal for drunken chip making then

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
im with vonny on this and yes u cant beat oven chips !!

i hate chips done in a deep fat fryer as i dont like the taste!

much easier just throwing the used tinfoil away

best wishes leigh :teeth:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts