YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Come on then sign up your names for those who are up for it.
So far:
Ben
Nige Pearce
Alister +1
Gav

Anyone else.
Viz, week before last was 25m+ even down to 54m (or so I hear!!)to quote: "its the best ive ever seen viz in England"

Weather forecast looks okay. Coast road will be open...

Proper YD Outing so far someone from Scotland, some one from down south and some from Skipton. (Thats a first YD ers from Yorkshire!!)

Planning to jump in about 11.30 ish and do 2 dives as we all need to get there and do some pickups / shopping / breakfasting en route.
02 kit will be there as well. All safe and organised!!

Anybody and everybody welcome just chuck your name down.

(Edited by Ben at 10:06 pm on Feb. 5, 2003)

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Excellent Ben - I'll be doon on Sat - maybe Fri night.

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

Gav, Ben,
Can you add one more please? Can't con anyone into a muddy quarry for some strange reason.
Please advise where, when, depth planned (DG fill)etc.
Cheers
Richard

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Update:
Ben
Nige Pearce
Alister +1
Gav
Richie

Richie what sort of depths do u dive to. People will be doing various depths. We can sort it out on the day but there will be something for everyone.

·
1,585 Posts
Imported post

Ben,
I've been to 55+ on air and mid 40s recently.
I have a fill of 32 in a single 12 and will be borrowing another 12 and a 10 with air - my twin is in for its spring clean. I'm also driving a new drysuit so will need a few minutes faffing about with weights etc sorry

Looking forward to it

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Richie - don't worry mate - cold water, new kit for some of us - we'll be taking it easy.

No-one will be diving with a PP of over 1.4 whatever mix they're on - right boys?

Looking forward to it - anymore for anymore?

BTW Richie why dive in a muddy-puddle when Wast is so pretty above the water?

·
1,585 Posts
Imported post

But muddy puddles do have bacon sarnies on tap.

I don't know Wast Water so where are we going - looks like one road so s/b fairly obvious?

What sort of time?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I think Ben was planning on jumping in at about 11.30.

I'd say we'd be best meeting up at Andy's and taking a convoy from there.

·
1,585 Posts
Imported post

Is that Andy H in Sedbergh?

Still need detail directions please.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Call me for directions / details
07968 327 355

Dont come all the way to sedbergh its a long way out of your way. U can meet me or Alister at J36 M6. Its the lakes turn off then u can follow.

Call me 2nite.

·
1,585 Posts
Imported post

Will do.
My no - 07968 608 601

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

Yeap Im up for it if thats OK? although I havent got a clue where it is, the lakes somewhere I think, can you get fills close by? can someone point me in the right direction

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Its NE of barrow on the coast road in the lakes. Give me a call tomorrow for details. Best plan is to meet near J35 M6 or if your coming from York near sedbergh. Call me and we can sort it all out. You can follow someone.

Theres no air fills near wast. Best to come prepared. How many tanks have u got?? If you have a problem getting tanks filled let me know and we can sort something out im sure.

See you sat. Its a bit of a trek there but worth it!!

ben - 07968 327 355

·
Have You Seen My 'Demi-john'?
997 Posts
Imported post

another  one up for it  see you all their  il follow paul on route from sheffield

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Well in Ben and Gav for putting together a nice wee YD trip!! For those that have not yet dived Wastwater, you will NOT be disappointed! The vis is usally stunning - quite easily 30+ metres, I jest you not.

We of course will expect to see a full range of Trip Reports in the appropriate section on your return! ;)

I've managed to dive virtually every weekend this year so far, and this weekend the Less-spotted Willo and miself are gonna try and manage either the Cape or Eccy Delph - skills session, try out new kit and keep our (wet) hand in.

Good luck lads and I know you'll have a ball at Wast - the scenery alone will blow you away!

Dive safe,

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

Bren, are you there sat or sun?? Me and Gav are up again on sunday for a splash and test out the new twins probably at caps or conniston.
Ive managed to get the scotish section down to Yorkshire for the weekend!!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Ben,

I'd suggest either the Cape or Eccy Delph mate - for two reasons:

1. Piece of piss to park and less of a long drag to get to for all concerned than the Lakes.

2. Can get fills (mix or 21%) at either place nay worries. Also, the Delph has just put in/down some new boat and Army APC features which will be very much worth a look-see. Conni's got mixed viz at the best of times and a shit-load of leaves for the viewing.

So yes, bottom line is we're up for it for Sunday. Davey and I will be at Andy Hayhurst's for about 09.00/09.30 hrs, so we can meet up there or where ever's convenient for you guys.

It'll be good to meet up again mate - not seen you since last time at Wast; and Gav.....ooooh, a coupla weeks ago at St Abbs! The rest of the chaps I don't think I've met period!

Here's my moby for a hook-up TEL: 07764 - 174647. Let's do it.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Right then,

Sounds good Wastwater Sat and Sunday who knows? Looking forward to meeting everyone.

BTW - Ben - there's no need to post your A level results as part of your signature!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts