YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:teeth: Hello again! I'm back. I've been in Weymouth for 18 sun filled, fun filled days and haven't even been diving yet. However, I'm going tonight at 6pm.

I now have 3 jobs. I started at the Sealife Centre which is fab. I have been mostly feeding and preparing food for the penguins, seals, otters, turtles, rays and sharks but I have also looked after the sea horses and helped to catch a very sweet 2-3 month old loggerhead turtle which was initially stranded on a Devon beach, is now recovering and was microchipped for return to the sea. You would not believe how unbearably cute this liitle critter was.

Then, apart from this and entertaining countless visitors over the Easter hols, I went into a local Dive Shop and I think I have a potential job as an instructor with them. I helped out with pool training the other night so they could check me out and I'm going out tonight at 6pm to help with the OW students. (More about this if they say "yes". :)

I also went on the bank for the hospice and day hospice in Weymouth and Dorchester to keep my nursey stuff up to date and earn some real money instead of toytown money that is minimum wage.

It 's a 4 minute walk to the beach from my front door and about 5 minutes on foot to the dive centre (but about 10 mins by car thanks to the grockels.)

So,my luvvers, I am enjoying living by the sea and I have missed you all for the last 18 days!!!

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Well that all sounds rather splendid, well done to you :)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Excellent news Vonny, I didn't call you over Easter as I'd copied your number down wrong.

Good luck with your new jobs.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Warm water Diver
647 Posts
Welcome back

Hi Vonny, glad to have u bk, hope ur settleing in ok and all the very best in ur new home........WELCOME BACK....

Alistair..xxx

·
Rapidly expanding member
285 Posts
Welcome back. There are a few of us down that way this weekend if you fancy a beer and are not too busy with all your jobs. x

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Good on yer mate. Hope the instructor thing goes well. Do you find it smelly mucking out the horses?

Chris

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Good news, Vonny. Glad to hear everything is starting to smell of roses.

Here's hoping the teaching job works out for you. :)

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
I started at the Sealife Centre which is fab. I have been mostly feeding and preparing food for the penguins
So you just sit there all day chewing up raw fish and .................

.......and Dorchester to keep my nursey stuff up to date and earn some real money instead of toytown money that is minimum wage.
So you have an allotment?

So,my luvvers, I am enjoying living by the sea and I have missed you all for the last 18 days!!!

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
You're lying .......... why would you lie like that? Missed us? Likely story!!

:):)

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Has it only been 18 days? Seemed longer. YD's bandwidth got a decent rest, mind. Nice to have you back.

And don't forget to change your location in your profile, otherwise how would we remember to hassle you for a floor to sleep on when we come south to dive?

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good on yer mate. Hope the instructor thing goes well. Do you find it smelly mucking out the horses?

Chris
No but let me tell you, otters bloody REEK. And they are viscous.
Penguin poo is not too pleasant either but the 3 baby chicks born this week make it worth while sticking your nose in the nesting box to bung fishies down their throats.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
purple vonny said:
the 3 baby chicks born this week make it worth while sticking your nose in the nesting box to bung fishies down their throats.

Awwwww. sounds cute!

Glad to have you back PV and glad to hear about your dive instructor part time job potential :)

Davie (this is my :sun: 1000th :sun: post! oh my!! no way! I was going to use that for a trip report but your news is much better!)

27 Days to go, then I prepare to stand in your shoes (not the high heels obviously & thanks for all the encouragement).
12 days, working at a desk to go.......

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
27 Days to go, then I prepare to stand in your shoes (not the high heels obviously & thanks for all the encouragement).
12 days, working at a desk to go.......

You willnae be doin' much standin' of an evening in C'an Pic a fart, Davie, you'll be falling down with all that wine and beer. I wish I was going back too! But it's quite nice here.

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Blimey, thought it had been quiet!

I'm very jealous, I love Swanage, love Dorset and with the way the weather has been the last week or so it must be gorgeous down there at the mo.

I hope you are very happy in your new home.

Pete

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll take the camera in next week and get some cute critter pics.

So glad I didn't take my camera diving tonight with the viz at a fantastic 2 metres max. I saw 2 spider crabs and the silt kicking fins of 2 students. Oh joy! However, the boat was FAB! It is called "X Dream", lovely tail lift, a head/ bog (sweet joy), tea, hot choccy and a club biscuit. And we sailed back into Weymouth to the most gorgeous sunset on a flat sea and went for a jar in the harbour. This is the life eh?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts