YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests I want to keep a pencil tied to my waterproof pad by a length of cave line (stops me from loosing/dropping another one, I hope).

I thought about using a couple of zip-ties, but there must be a better way, isnt there?

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
You could cut a groove around the top of the pencil for the string to sit in, so it doesn't slide off the end.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
As the title suggests I want to keep a pencil tied to my waterproof pad by a length of cave line (stops me from loosing/dropping another one, I hope).

I thought about using a couple of zip-ties, but there must be a better way, isnt there?

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Gaffa tape... only way TBH...

·
Registered
706 Posts
I was going to say to drill a small hole through the pencil, and thread the line through that.

Perhaps the groove suggested earlier would be better, as you're going to need to replace the pencil once the water makes it swell up and the lead fall out (unless you're using waterproof pencils)

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Gaffer tape. Although I've only tried it with string. I dont know if it works with cave line.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
tie a knot in the end of the string get some heat shrink thread the cave line through the heat shrink slide in pencil heat heat shrink and you are done knot stops it pulling throuh the heat shrink if you want it to be really secure get some heat shrink with heat activate adhesive on the inside and rough the pencil up a little

i don't like pencils they are too light(line isnt dark enough) i prefer a charcoal stick or whatever it is it came with my light monkey wet notes i think ndac were selling them once if anyone saw them they may be able to advice you where to get them from

hth

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Whipping....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cheers everyone, I meant to say to everyone, it is the croquais that I am using.
outlaw, that pic is an excellent idea, never thought of that.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
cheers everyone, I meant to say to everyone, it is the croquais that I am using.
when you do it any chance you can take pics and put them up or is it as simple as the top cap screws off drill a hole cave kine knot in the end and done?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Not my idea but it works. The end cap pops off fairly easily. It's attached to a grey tube. I think the hole is already there. I don't remember having to make one. I used 2 or 3mm? bungee. Mde a small not on the end, super glued it and threaded through. I also shortened the pencil lead by a couple of mm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts