YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why....

cos the hamster ate my husbands precious hat he brought back from Scapa Flow last year! he is not amused.

Has anyone else had kit 'eaten' or wrecked by a family pet (ok so a hat don't necessarily class as kit but I spose it keeps your head warm between dives)

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Mate of mine had his Otterskin chewed through by mice.

Cost him a few quid to get that done and (Insurance) Computer
said no :eek:

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
my cat vomited on last months Diver magazine, can hardly blame her for it.

J
hope that wasnt the April edition you are referring too! otherwise despite your culinary skills on a camping stove you and I could fall out

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Not yet

My pet rats are always trying to get into the cupboard where my dive kit is kept. They can't open the door (yet) but I'm always worried they'll get something I've left lying around and totally mangle it.

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
why....

cos the hamster ate my husbands precious hat he brought back from Scapa Flow last year! he is not amused.

Has anyone else had kit 'eaten' or wrecked by a family pet (ok so a hat don't necessarily class as kit but I spose it keeps your head warm between dives)
An extended mouse family raised several generations of incontinent baby mice in my woolly bear and excavated a major network of tunnels through it.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
My dog peed on my wet suit as I hang it to dry in the sun. Only noticed next day by the smell....

Another dog ate my hat...

Found spider in my reg after leaving it to hang in the boiler room, always check the regs before putting it my mouth now!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Someone in the club here went on holidays for 6 weeks, came back to find BOTH drysuits had been eaten by a mouse or rat.

8 or 9 fist sized holes in them. One fixable with lots of patches, the other a write off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts