YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But we did have about 15 full grown dolphins buzzing around, in front, behind and under the RIB just outside the breakwater in Plymouth Sound :D:D:D:D

We took our mini 4.5M RIB, which comes in at under 750Kg so any one can tow it, to Plymouth with the intent of the JEL, it was a trail run for Paul C with his new landy to get used to towing, launching, recovering etc, I was driving the RIB and turned it around as we got past the breakwater as the sea was the wrong shape.

Just before the turn around we had the dolphins within 3M of the RIB, one diving right under us, on turning around we decided on a drift along the shore on the opposite side of the sound from Bovi, this is where we saw them and we carried a vain hope they may appear while we were in the water, alas it was not to be.

It is the first time Mrs BTS has seen wild dolphins over here so she is well 'appy.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
i have to ask this.

do the plyumouth lot put ice into the sound? or is it some odd water they have which is cold as hell to everything bar computor sensors

was nice seeing the dolphins, always makes me smile. not the same lot as who buzz the bay regularly as they were much happyier with the boats, and i didnt see any kiddies which i know the lot in the bay had with them last year (3 of em)

was comfy on the bretange in my suit for 40 plus ins yesterday in 8 degrees yet today it wasa 10 degree dive ( according to the same comp) and i had to call it because of cold after 20 minutes. (them what know me know me and cold dont meet ever)

·
Squidgey Member
2,151 Posts
The dolphins have been in the sound for about three weeks now as well as a few seals.
As for the temprature, it is the freon gas leaking out if the dockyard :D :D

·
Team HPDW Cake Queen.
3,550 Posts
They love the foamy water churned out by the Condor Ferries in Weymouth and I have seen them a few times dancing and playing in its wake and on the way to the Channel Islands when they leap behind it.

Four of them accompanied us to a dive off Church Ope Cove Portland one evening last year.

No matter how often I see them they always bring a lump to my throat.

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Squidgey Member
2,151 Posts
They love the foamy water churned out by the Condor Ferries in Weymouth and I have seen them a few times dancing and playing in its wake and on the way to the Channel Islands when they leap behind it.

Four of them accompanied us to a dive off Church Ope Cove Portland one evening last year.

No matter how often I see them they always bring a lump to my throat.
That will be the sea sickness then.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
one major question though, seeing as pastyman, me, turbs, kirstie and little miss naughty were diving in the sound today, WHY NO HEADS UP!
boaring lot, we could of met up and swaped scary stories or something!!

given notice, i could of even broken out the dirty badger and buzzed around you until you were dizzy!

·
The swimming rodent
2,570 Posts
one major question though, seeing as pastyman, me, turbs, kirstie and little miss naughty were diving in the sound today, WHY NO HEADS UP!
boaring lot, we could of met up and swaped scary stories or something!!

given notice, i could of even broken out the dirty badger and buzzed around you until you were dizzy!
Missed a chance to play there then as I was out in the rib today :( Guess you were on Outcast? Passed it a couple of times.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts