YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I've just got back from Devils point, and although it's blowing a hooli down here,  the water was as flat as a witches tit and the vis was a good 8m.  And to top off a lovely quiet dive (i got RB'd) i managed to find another Codd bottle.  We should have done that on Saturday, rather than poncing about at Babbacombe.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

I don't think they can put up with me taking the p**s out of their kit.  Sod 'em.  It's more peaceful diving on your own anyway, nobody to check on.  Codd bottles are the old ones with a glass marble in the neck. I'll show you next time you're over here.  Have i not shown you my extensive collection of glass and ceramics that i've rescued from the deep, much better in my living room than getting smashed about on the seabed.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Doug,
          I don't know if you know, but a little budgy told me those bottles are worth about £15 each. They're meant to be a rarity to collectors as all the original ones were broken by the kids trying to get the marble out.

Peter

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

I've seen them on e-bay but i couldn't sell anything i've saved, it all has too much sentimental value.  When i think about some of the early diving i done to get them, i must've been mental.  Solo, 50m on air, ripping currents, no viz at times, awkward navigation because of the layout and the amount of glass i had to sift through to get the good stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts