YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>A few of us, well three possibly more in the near future are going to make spare harnesses up for a second backplate. What we need to know is where to get the webbing from and how much a metre it costs.

I seem to remember someone saying that you can get it in a big roll which brings the cost down.  

Also any info on websites for the clips and other shiny things required would be handy.

Thanks.  

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>well depends how much you want but locally we have poppa smurf (digger will know who i mean, you know looks like grandpa smurf just not blue) well that's him - who runs a piddly little rope shop but is the source of cheap webbing, I'll drop in either tomorrow or tuesday during lunch and get you a price.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Imported post

Papa smurf sells his 50mm wide cargo webbing (like the stuff you get on truck straps) at about £1 -£1.50 a meter. I got an end roll for £5 the other day with about 7meters on it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Thanks sounds good. Is it a standard width?

Also is it stiff or floppy?.... oohh errr!

The standard harness stuff is usually fairly stiff and crotch straps more flexible for obvious reasons.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I've found the webbing from Poppa Smurf a bit soft, and I'm thinking about getting some stiffer stuff.

It does do the job reasonably well, but I prefer something a bit stiffer.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Runnymead Diving (01784) 436909) do some really good stiff webbing for £2 per metre.  Give them a try they might do it cheaper for a bulk purchase.

Daz

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Just got this from the beaver site www.beaversports.com looks like a very good price if there is enough of you.

Safe diving,
Steve.

HEAVY-DUTY WEBBING - WEB
50m roll of 50mm wide weight- belt webbing. Suitable for a multitude of diving and other applications.
£ 55.00

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Runnymead Diving (01784) 436909) do some really good stiff webbing for £2 per metre.
Really? Tried them a year or two ago and the stuff they had was pants.. will have to call in for a look next time I'm passing.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominic @ Jan. 14 2004,13:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Runnymead Diving (01784) 436909) do some really good stiff webbing for £2 per metre.
Really? Tried them a year or two ago and the stuff they had was pants.. will have to call in for a look next time I'm passing.
Lets just say,  It stands up without any assistance  

Actually the shoulder straps do not flop around or fall in on itself.

The downside is that I had to find something a bit floppy for the crotch area to avoid chaffing the thighs...

Daz

P.S  Feel free to insert your own jokes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts