YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi people!
I need some advice re the topic title and I guess there is no better place to ask!?
Due to a change in circumstance my girlfriend and I have decided to cancel our plans to marry in the UK and go and get spliced abroad, just the two of us.
As you can imagine the destination is likely to be somewhere where we can both dive too (can you get married underwater?).
Can anyone suggest a destination that isn’t the usual Caribbean Islands? I fancy Truk for example but have no idea other than the suggestion that we could do the wedding bit in Hawaii on the way?
Come on you guys, you must have some idea!?
Thanks,

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

I've had a wee look on the boards for you and can't find the link but that place Walindi ccdiver2 is just back from looked nice, out the way and cracking diving to boot. IIRC their website said that weddings are also catered for. PM him and getthe link unless someone else can find it.

Peter
PS-My services as a best man come remarkably cheap.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>GIBRALTAR,

Just take ya passport in to REG office oppisite Gov's House ......

All the people speak English , **** are £ 5.90 for 200        1 & 1/2 lts Vodka £ 4.00 plus a good dive center there ....

Apes can be  a bit of a bugger when signing the register as witnesses.

Andy

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Duiker @ Nov. 12 2003,20:32)]my girlfriend and I have decided to cancel our plans to marry
l was just about to congratulate you for your lucky escape then l noticed

"and go and get spliced abroad, just the two of us"

We can but pray for your soul  

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

Cheers guys,

Sent ccdiver2 a PM and checked out the link. Cheers people! I've done this thing to death on Google and sent a few enquiries but seems to be a bit of a bugger to sort out.
Keep em coming!
Has anyone been to Truk?

PS,
Thanks Pete but in this gig I am the best man!!!!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hi ****,

Can't help on the destination side as I did the deed in the caribean but can vouch for my own experience.  Getting married abroad is soo much less hassle.

I have never regretted it for one minute.  I am sure the wife regrets it  , but that is just marrying me in general  

Daz

BTW, we got married in Jamaica,  "No she went of her own accord" boom boom.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Don't do it why spoil agood relationship by getting married. as it is right now you can just bugger of when you get fed up. but after that they get to nick half your dive kit leagaly.  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Nov. 12 2003,20:47)]PS - I am remarkably cheap.
Yeah, we know !

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Nov. 12 2003,21:51)]BTW, we got married in Jamaica,  "No she went of her own accord" boom boom.
Lorks-a-lordy that man!! How to put a thoroughly decent and original Wodehouse line to the sword! Daz, we need words mate!!  

1st Chap: "Yes, my wife and I have just returned from an eminently agreeable holiday in the Caribbean"

2nd Chap: "Oh. Jamaica?"

1st Chap: "Good Lord, no, she went of her own accord..."

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

If you want to go Truk way have a look at palua...better diving than Truk (haven't been to Truk but each time in palau we met some yanks who all said palau was the bees knees).

All I can say is Palau x 2 have been the best hols we've ever had...if you need any info at all on Palau just drop me a line...

Regards.

Graham

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Imported post

Thanks for the info guys. And thanks cdiver for the info
Graham, PM on its way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts