YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

ok then. at the moment i'd just like to organise a weekday or sunday 1 day shore dive. if any of you lot have any suggestions (i've never done it before) let me know. (basicly good sites)
i'll get looking to. as soon as i decide on somwhere i'll organise it and post it up here.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Ian,

Get yourself to Trarddur Bay in Anglesey mate. Top shore dives - sheltered and loads of good sea life. Bottoms out at about 24 - 28 metres. White sandy bottom, usually great viz. Can get fills from Mikes - see his URL here:

http://www.ateal.co.uk/dsa/

Hope this helps mate.

Dive safe,

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

thanks for the link bren. i sent them an e mail to check out dates and stuff so looks like it could happen in feb.
by the way, is there any chance i could join your march anglesey trip but just for the sunday? dosent matter if it causes problems but it would be nice to see some of you.
ta.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Ian,

No worries mate - you can join the trip even if you don't dive!! I'll put you down for the Sunday: what'll it be sir? Shore dives or do you fancy the hard-boats and a bit of wreck-n-reef action? Please let me know so I can organise the numbers accordingly.

Look forward to seeing you there mate.

Cheers,

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

fantastic. well i'm definatly up for some shore dives. i'd love to do wrack dives though. is that ok for someone whos wreck exp consists pretty much of the staingarth?
i only have one cylinder (+ pony) is that a problem on a boat dive?
if none of these things are a problem then i guess i'm down for the wrecks.
cheers fella.
ian.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Ian,

My question to you would be "How is your buoyancy control and are you happy with it?" If not, then shore dives me thinks based on safey and getting you used to the water and your rig.

Diving a reef or a wreck is largely immaterial, as they both potentially have current and surge of varying degrees. If you're happy with your control, then we can get you on a shallow wreck - though strictly NO penetration until we see that you're happy in the water at a later date. Even if you're not up for the wrecks and decide on the shore dives, you will not be disappointed with Treaddur Bay and there will be a group diving with you any way on the Sunday. Hope that helps.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Hey Ian

Sorry you couldn`t make it this weekend. Another good starter sea dive is Trefor Pier. In settled weather and high tide you will be amazed on what you will see in a max 8m dive. I will be doing this one again this year and will post when

safe diving

1 - 7 of 7 Posts