YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

My weezle is starting to lose its water repellence. Can anyone recommend what to spray on it to restore it?

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>You could try a waterproofing used for camping and boots etc., I'm sure that would do the job, but I don't know if it will let water throught the other way. I used to use G-Sport from my local Army/Navy surplus, you should be able to get something similar. Just sprays on.

WHy not e-mail the gusy at Weezle? THey must know what's best for it, may even send you something free!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Imported post

Camping shops sell different ones for different fabrics.

The weezle wants one designed for "Pertex".

I found some in my local city centre camping shop without problem.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

I've seen some waterproofing stuff in a spray form that was geared up to down lined kit. As said Weezle probably give you a definitive answer.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Since you've got some useful answers, I now feel justified in being a smartarse and saying:

"most people tend to just put a drysuit over it"  

Sorry.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Any camping shop that sells Snugpack sleeping bags will be able to point you to a bottle of the stuff you need..

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Imported post

Nickwax manufacture a down wash which waterproofs it and a detergent that cleans all the sweat from the inner down material.  any outdoor shop will sell it.

hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts