YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dont ask me.................I know nothing !!!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All
Just looking to tap your expertise!!
how much weight can I take off if I am carrying a 3l pony.
am I right in thinking it is 2kg or was it 2lb, I can't remember!!.
Also I am thinking of getting a longer octo hose 1.5m as looking at some of the posts this makes it easier to donate in an OOA situation. Just thought I would ask for some advice!!.
Thanks

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
I took a 2k block off the side the pony was mounted and found this balanced me perfectly underwater ( well ok balanced well for a fat bloke in a suit full of air:embarassed: ) worked for me not saying it's right though:embarassed:

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
I would imagine that the difference should be very minimal indeed.

My difference in weight is only about 1 KG with or without a 7L steel stage.

I guess the true answer is to do a good weight check with it as if you've not done one for a while since other kit config changes your starting point might be 'false'?

My 2p :)

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Ah good point mine was clamped to my main cylinder so no chance of being handed off depends how you carry it i suppose

·
I'm back.
543 Posts
Add weight?

There was a really good post on this subject a while back, can't seem to find it tho....

It suggested that you needed to ADD weight. The rationale was that you should prepare for worst case, and that would be a breathed down main cylinder, and a breathed down pony, thus both cylinders become bouyant....

So, just as with any new gear config, you should do a weight check with both main and pony cylinders empty or thereabouts.

Hope that makes sense.
Si

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.