YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Can anyone help ?  Someone posted a link the week before last about setting up a wing and the positioning of weight.

I was telling a friend of mine while we were away last week he has an OMS wing and was diving a single cylinder and is having a problem with tipping forward problem.  I can't seem to remember where I saw it.  If someone knows where it is could they please point me in the right direction.  

Sorry for the duplication.  
Cheers  Fiona

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Dead easy, the OMS will either have the single-tank adaptor or the two cam bands if it's with the IQ harness: simply thread a lead weight or two onto the cam band then attach the tank as normal, may be best to put some rubber or similar strip under the weight to avoid scufffing the tank.

Alternatively, he could attach some weights - via clips or cable ties - to the lower down d-rings on the IQ Harness or clip/cable tie weights to similarly low-placed holes in BP if using that setup.

Steve

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

As Steve said above, but you can also try raising/lowering the cylinder which sometimes helps.

Life becomes easier when you go to twins - less pitch forward.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mdemon @ June 30 2003,14:28)]Life becomes easier when you go to twins - less pitch forward.
<font color='#0000FF'>Indeed! unless you're one of those divers from the BSAC forum who claimed that wings do not tip you forwards  

Which is funny as my wing carries a specific warning to that effect that it does not guarantee to keep you face up, so that suggests it does tip you forward...
I dunno....

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>My twins certainly tipped me forward. That's why I use arse weights!

That's right - arseweights - a must for the well-trimmed diver

Some people mistake it for one of Fi's old ankle weights on the rear d-ring of my crotchstrap but it's an arseweight in my book.

And as it clips on and off it's fully ditchable!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts