YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's now 20th April so according to Mrs Jezza's 20 week scan she's now due. This is our second baby, the first was bang on time.

So it looks like I'm joining the likes of Wilbo and waiting for the 'Surfs up' call. Until them I'm not allowed to drink, stray too far from the house, travel for work, and I think me breathing clashes with her hormones :wink: , still it will be over soon and I'm sure it will all be worth it.

Talking of Wilbo, I haven't seen him posting lately, does this mean that he's now a proud father?

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
dunno about wilbo but can we have a sweepstake on the date time weight of yours like on his thread, we might make the £20k for the MND pink coffin then.

good luck SWMBO is nearing 20 weeks now and yes I agree about the breathing upsetting their hormones:)

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
£295.13 to go

can we have a sweepstake on the date time weight of yours like on his thread, we might make the £20k for the MND pink coffin then.
Excellent idea, It's a worthwhile cause so let's see if we can break the £20k level

£295.13. to go

How about, I will donate a lovely Salvo LED backup torch to the winner 3 watt LED backup light Salvo, Backup lights at divingniknaks the UK's No 1 scuba gear online store

Minimum donation of £5 (is this enough??? it's a worthwhile cause) per guess (Date, Time, Weight), closest wins.

Any names suggested will be taken into consideration, as, as yet we a bit stuck.

Guesses so far

jorawley - Sunday 22nd April -7lb 5 Girl - (samantha)
Dave Crampton - 28th April, 7lb4oz Boy
HelenP - 24th April, 03:45, boy weighing 7lb 2oz.
Chaz49 - 23rd April, girl, 6lbs 11oz. (Hannah)
Josie - 28th April, girl, 8lb 2oz, (Alexandra)

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
Okay, I'll guess:
Sunday 22nd April -7lb 5 Girl - samantha

Reactions: Jules

·
Armchair diver and slummy mummy
592 Posts
Hope it all goes well for you again. Bet you're fighting over who does the first nappy change!! I was lucky that the paediatrician got one of the first pooey ones!! All those years of training and paid a fortune and he still changes pooey nappies!!

Josie

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
donation made

·
592 Posts
I say 28th April, girl (YD boys recently have all been boys!!) 8lb 2oz, Alexandra

Good luck and hope it goes well for you both. I've heard that the second is often bigger than the first (not looking forward to that then!!) and the labour can be much quicker (as everything's been stretched already!).

Looking forward to seeing photos...

Josie

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump,

Still no sign of any movement, SWMBO just wants it over with, already tried the long walks, chinese curry tonight (i'm sure it'll have the same effect as an indian).

It's good to see the Pink Coffin have reached their target :thumbsup: , still that's no reason to stop now...

:teeth:

·
12,604 Posts
Bump,

Still no sign of any movement, SWMBO just wants it over with, already tried the long walks, chinese curry tonight (i'm sure it'll have the same effect as an indian).

It's good to see the Pink Coffin have reached their target :thumbsup: , still that's no reason to stop now...

:teeth:
as kinky as it sounds, and at the risk of personal injury to you from your SWMBO- try tweaking her nipples, alledgedly at the later stages it can fool the body into releasing some of the hormones neccesary for the birth process. there is also another way of geting prostaglandin onto the bit of her 'insides' that need it:)

hope it all goes well whenever it happens. i will try and get online at home later ( IT Nazis wont let me onto the pink coffin site at work) and post a time etc

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as kinky as it sounds, and at the risk of personal injury to you from your SWMBO- try tweaking her nipples, alledgedly at the later stages it can fool the body into releasing some of the hormones neccesary for the birth process. there is also another way of geting prostaglandin onto the bit of her 'insides' that need it:)
By that you are inferring that SWMBO would let me within 3 feet of her :D let alone close enough to 'tweak'

Aparantly it's now my fault she's it that state :D

·
12,604 Posts
By that you are inferring that SWMBO would let me within 3 feet of her :D let alone close enough to 'tweak'

Aparantly it's now my fault she's it that state :D
I remember what its like near the end, its happening at 20 weeks now though:frown: especially the its my fault she is in this position.

At least I know its the last one.

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well we're now a week past due date and still no sign of Jr, SWMBO went to see the midwife today who told her they won't do anything for another week, so she's not best chuffed :frown:

Still this means that it's not too late to have your guess you could win a torch,

Excellent idea, It's a worthwhile cause so let's see if we can break the £22k level

How about, I will donate a lovely Salvo LED backup torch to the winner 3 watt LED backup light Salvo, Backup lights at divingniknaks the UK's No 1 scuba gear online store

Minimum donation of £5 (is this enough??? it's a worthwhile cause) per guess (Date, Time, Weight), closest wins.

Any names suggested will be taken into consideration, as, as yet we a bit stuck.

Guesses so far

Go on you know you want to :D

·
592 Posts
Well, it looks as though I wasn't right with my guess at the due date!!

I guess that it'll be soon then...

Josie

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He's finally arrived

I thought I'd posted this on Tuesday, but by then I hadn't slept for 48hrs so god only knows what happened to it.

Jezza Jr was finally born on Monday 30th April 12.08pm, waters broke Sunday evening, got transferred from one hospital to another as the labour wasn't 'progressing' .

Anyway mother and baby are both well, and we were back home 6.30pm that night.

The result:

Monday 30th April, 7lb 9oz, Boy

Guesses so far

So according to my calculations the winner of the torch is Dave Crompton. (Joint closest on the date, Second closest on the weight, Sex correct). Thanks to everyone to donated to the Pink Coffin, they look to have smashed their target.

I've just watched to documentry about the state of midwifery services in the UK, and I want to say that our experience was excellent, all the midwives we saw showed a level of care that was secong to none, they showed everything that is right with the NHS :D

So to the next problem, names, help please as were stuck.

Over to YD

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
congratulations to the 3 of you and best of luck with all the sleepless nights to come.

possible names: sam, alex, james, daniel, carl.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts