YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just thought I'd introduce myself seeing as I've been lurking for a while, gleaning information in an almost stealth-like manner!

I'm about to start my OW course next week and the amount of help I've got from this forum has helped me so much so I thought I'd thank you guys  
(I had started off in the 'other place' but found them to very unhelpful and full of themselves)

It's lovely to see so many friendly people on here and I'll probaly be making myself known as 'the one who asks all the stupid questions' in the very near future!  

Thanks you lot!

Ellen

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Ellen,

You are indeed welcome to YD! And please remember, the daftest question is the one you didn't ask - so feel free to ask away and we'll certainly help where we can.

Good luck on the OW course.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

Welcome and good luck of ya course.

Please don't me any questions on boats or diving as i know nout,,, but feel free to ask me anything about diving out of Dover.

Andy

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Ellen,

Start asking away,  there's usually someone somewhere who will have an answer or three.

It's a friendly enough crowd despite the occasional heated discussion,  everyone seems to shake hands at the end despite differing opinions.

Daz

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Ellen

Welllll Helllllooo (trying for a Terry Thomas accent) to you too. Enjoy the course and the sport, your bank balance will never be the same.

If Andy can't answer a question about Dover Diving i may have a rough idea. Like its Pea Soupers at the moment.

Dive Safe and Progress

Paul

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ellen
Welcome aboard and ask anything you like, we all started as newbie divers once upon a time and whatever you ask you will get answers and help.
Happy and safe diving

Jules:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome  

I have my first pool session tonight, I'm all giddy and excited like a little kid  

Think I may have started something that's going to ruin my healthy bank account very soon......

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

If it doesnt can I be your bestest friend, cos its done mine in!

Welcome to the boards, sometimes argumentive but always friendly(ish), well, better than some others anyway.

Matt
ps hope it goes well tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts