YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
GUE Instructor
9,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the talk of nastiness, I would like to point out that I have gone completely against type and actually been pleasant today.

I was doing my usual add up the reb blobs / good deeds calculation and found I've actually come out positive

So far, I've

1. Offered to lend someone an analyser by driving to their house
2. Explained "Oxygen Service" to someone
3. Pleaded with a skipper to get a discount for someone who is ill
4. Phoned Mark Powell to appraise him of carnage on YD
5. Resisted the urge to slag off GLOC even though he's out of the country and can't defend himself
6. Arranged Accommodation for the chimps going to Scapa
7. Made arrangements for scooters for the chimps going to Scapa
8. Explained minimum gas to someone who was afraid of getting teased if they asked publically

so I'm obviously unwell, I'm going to bed. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
8. Explained minimum gas to someone who was afraid of getting teased if they asked publically
Minimum gas? Wassat? You need 100% gas or you'll be breathing in some vacuum?

They can have my lovely spreadsheet if they want to work out if they have enough gas for a dive (if that's what you were talking about). Of course, you'll have to tell them how they will die if they rely on anything I say and can't trust my calculations but .................

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Garfie, the downside of being a sweet little leak eater today is that you won't be getting slapped by PV and her 22 stone mate with tatoos. :)
That sounds like you :D

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Garfie, the downside of being a sweet little leak eater today is that you won't be getting slapped by PV and her 22 stone mate with tatoos. :)

Sounds like she has met my ex wife in Weymouth :teeth: if thats an insult i apologise profusely

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
With all the talk of nastiness, I would like to point out that I have gone completely against type and actually been pleasant today.

I was doing my usual add up the reb blobs / good deeds calculation and found I've actually come out positive

So far, I've

1. Offered to lend someone an analyser by driving to their house
2. Explained "Oxygen Service" to someone
3. Pleaded with a skipper to get a discount for someone who is ill
5. Resisted the urge to slag off GLOC even though he's out of the country and can't defend himself
6. Arranged Accommodation for the chimps going to Scapa
7. Made arrangements for scooters for the chimps going to Scapa

so I'm obviously unwell, I'm going to bed. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow.
he hasn't been nice today. Don't believe him. He sucks you in - then casts you aside like a rag chimp.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
I think you will find the word is apprise
apprise \uh-PRYZ\, transitive verb:
To give notice to; to inform; -- often followed by of; as, we will apprise the general of an intended attack; he apprised the commander of what he had done.
and not appraise unless you were praising Mark on his skills as an instructor :D
ap·praise /əˈpreɪz/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-preyz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -praised, -prais·ing. 1. to estimate the monetary value of; determine the worth of; assess: We had an expert appraise the house before we bought it.
2. to estimate the nature, quality, importance, etc.: He tried to appraise the poetry of John Updike.
Ha! :)

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Minimum gas? Wassat? You need 100% gas or you'll be breathing in some vacuum?

They can have my lovely spreadsheet if they want to work out if they have enough gas for a dive (if that's what you were talking about). Of course, you'll have to tell them how they will die if they rely on anything I say and can't trust my calculations but .................

Idiot...

Minimum gas is when you get back on the boat with less gas than anybody else.

You get cudos points for less than 20bar after a 70m dive and a lifetime acheivment award for empty back gas and stages all round having compleated a 100/100GF deco schedual.

ATB

Mark Chase

Reactions: chrisch
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.