YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Don't get me started Matt  

Not so many weeks ago,  I was at Brixham helping out on a OW course.  My assigned task was to assist with the descent down a line (Or specifically to act as something dense on the end of the SMB line as my friendly instructor had forgotten the weights  
)

So I swim out to a reasonable depth, the students are with the instructor doing snorkel to reg exchange with another DM.  Well they won't be too long so I drop down with the line and wait... and wait...  and wait...(Believe you me I knew every milimeter of that patch of sand).

Finally I see them descending down the line,  great every thing goes as it should, couple more skills, swim around and finish the dive.

And what do they start talking about when we are walking up the beach....

"Did you see that Seal come in the bay ?,  he was hanging around and playful, really close,  I can't believe how long we were watching him"

"Did you see him Daz ?"

"No I was busy hanging on the end of a line !!"

Bastard seal,  waits until I am at the end of a line before showing up...  bastard, bastard, bastard....  Not that I'm bitter.

Daz,

Never mind a crowbar,  I'm taking a club with me from now on.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Just got this today from a friend,  some of you might be interested.  I would have got involved but it involves those sneaky good for nothing bastard seals !

------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who maybe interested the British Diver Marine Life Rescue are holding another Marine Medic training course on Sunday 7th September at Woolacombe Beach, north Devon.

Basically you are trained to help refloat stranded/beached whales, seals and dolphins - thats the water type of beached whale - not the fat tourist types!!!

The day involves a series of lectures in the morning. Then in the afternoon three 'in the water' scenarios; handling a seal!!, refloating a dolphin and refloating a two tonne pilot whale. Easy peasy I hear you say ... well no, not when they are filled with water and actually weigh tow tonnes!!!

You don't have to be a diver. BDMLR was founded by divers.
All you need is a drysuit or wetsuit. And a sense of humour!!!

The course is £55.00 per person which includes £15 membership and then all the wonderful goodies including some really expensive whale and dolphin books. Everyone who works for/helps BDMLR is a volunteer and BDMLR is completely non profit making. And so the course does not make any profit to make anyone 'get rich quick'.

BDMLR has international recognition, so even if you don't live right beside the beach (like me!!) you can help out with overseas rescues, people from the Exmouth group have helped with rescues in New Zealand and Malta!! and also you can be a volunteer at the national Seal Sanctuary in Gweek too once Marine Medic trained.

Anyway check out the website :-
BDMLR

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Matt,

Can't wait to see a real, live 'shart'!!!! What do they look like??

Coat on and legging for the door.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Jealous ? Who, me ? naaaaarrrr  
 Yeah right....
All i can say is "you jammy bugger!"  

1 - 6 of 6 Posts