YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else notice our illustrious premiere today? The Reverend Tony Blair, who keeps preaching sermons telling us we should not fly around the world to find warm places to enjoy our diving, used a private jet to get to and from his constituency today to announce his resignation !!

How much carbon bl00dy dioxide did he pump out today??:angry:

Typical hypocritical politician!

I work hard and have earned my holidays.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
that's politicians for you, and can't get sacked if resigned, I guess. but, for every force, there is always an opposite; I have finally moved back to whence I came, 1 week ago in fact, and now take to walking or cycling into work. feel good about it, but my legs don't half kill!

·
Registered
22 Posts
How much carbon bl00dy dioxide did he pump out today??:angry:

Typical hypocritical politician!
Probably significantly less than he does every session in the commons. He's probably reduced the UK's carbon footprint dramatically by resigning. That is until Gordy starts spouting. :frown:

·
Registered
721 Posts
He should have gone by balloon the amount of hot air he was spouting today.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.....That is until Gordy starts spouting. :frown:
Don't get me started on that little git! He owes me a fistfull of cash for changing the rules so that my 33 year old Land Rover missed out on the free tax disc when it had it's 25th birthday! :(

SilvaFish said:
....now take to walking or cycling into work. feel good about it, but my legs don't half kill!
Well done, I wish I could! The pain will vanish soon. I did quite well on Tuesday, 3 mile round trip cycle ride to do a 90 minute Ashtanga Yoga class :)smug

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Did anyone else notice our illustrious premiere today? The Reverend Tony Blair, who keeps preaching sermons telling us we should not fly around the world to find warm places to enjoy our diving, used a private jet to get to and from his constituency today to announce his resignation !!
I agree, but just because he is an an arsehole doesn't make it right for you and I to be one as well.....

Chris

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, but just because he is an an arsehole doesn't make it right for you and I to be one as well.....

Chris
OK but it's not unique, when "they" want to discuss the environment they all jump onto jets and fly halfway round the world to meet in some exotic location (5* of course) instead of getting a "monkey" like me to hook them all up with a videoconference.

This all presuposes that you believe the green lobby. Two thousand years ago it was hot enough in northern England for the Romans to grow grapes for wine, why was that? Were all those Roman Centurions riding around in 4x4's???

·
10,679 Posts
This all presuposes that you believe the green lobby. Two thousand years ago it was hot enough in northern England for the Romans to grow grapes for wine, why was that? Were all those Roman Centurions riding around in 4x4's???
I believe the scientists not the lobbyists. Climate change is a natural feature of the planet. Human-induced climate change is a new phenomena.

Fossil energy is neither desirable or sustainable and as long as we continue to use it we invite disaster on two fronts, climatic and economic. The problem is we (humans) are addicted to the lifestyle that fossil energy allows. If we do not break that addiction and additionaly develop substitutes the next generation will have a quality of life substantially lower than ours.

So mumssie in the Disco might think she's protecting her kiddie-widdies with a big tough car, but she's condemning them to a miserable old age....

Punative energy taxes will become a real feature of our daily lives. The solution is to plan for that fact now so you end up in a better position than people that think this is just going to go away - it isn't.

Chris

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
I believe the scientists not the lobbyists. Climate change is a natural feature of the planet. Human-induced climate change is a new phenomena.

Fossil energy is neither desirable or sustainable and as long as we continue to use it we invite disaster on two fronts, climatic and economic. The problem is we (humans) are addicted to the lifestyle that fossil energy allows. If we do not break that addiction and additionaly develop substitutes the next generation will have a quality of life substantially lower than ours.

So mumssie in the Disco might think she's protecting her kiddie-widdies with a big tough car, but she's condemning them to a miserable old age....

Punative energy taxes will become a real feature of our daily lives. The solution is to plan for that fact now so you end up in a better position than people that think this is just going to go away - it isn't.

Chris
I did some gliding first time, a week ago, and it surprised me to see how much smog and cr*p is in the atmosphere. Couldn't even see the horizon!

·
Registered
12,795 Posts

Chris
Agreed Chris,

For many of us climate change is no longer the arguement, but how we adapt to it and plan for the future.

Adrian

·
10,679 Posts
Agreed Chris,

For many of us climate change is no longer the arguement, but how we adapt to it and plan for the future.

Adrian
No mate, not for many of us - all of us. Even the doubters and naysayers and flat-earth "god wouldn't allow us to do it" nutters. Irrespective of what you or I believe about climate change the plans for carbon trading are in place and will become real. That will affect everyone on the planet even if (by some bizzare chaos theory) the climate changes into a nice warm spring day all year and all over the planet :D

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts