YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

A bit early, I know, but we have just had our Secret Santa session at work.

Everyone pulls someones name from the team out of a hat and spends £10 on them. The usual suspects were given wine, beer and the Cheeky Girls xmas CD but I got,

1 spare mouthpiece
1 zip care lube
1 lanyard
5 O Rings
4 calling birds

Okay I lie about the birds, they were not calling at all  

but it has just turned a _very_ boring day into one with a big smile. Nice that someone thought about it and it also bumps up my spares.

Anyone got anything from Santa worth shouting about?

Simon

·
Registered
283 Posts
Imported post

A set of Fourth Element Arctic thermals.  Unfortunately I got a little impatient waiting for Santa to turn up so I have been using them for the last couple of weeks.
Keep popping into dive shop to see if the wife has ordered a YBOD . . . . she seems to be leaving it a little late this year

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

4th edition of 'Running Linux'
It's still wrapped and under the tree - but I know damn well that that's what it is

I have hopes that a SiTech autodump might be in there somewhere as well...

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>secret santa - wine glasses, those ones that are wine bottles cut in half and turned upside-down

also a very nice calendar from my mate at work, which i wanted... only i didn't know that she'd bought it for me, so we had a bit of a fight in a shop when she saw me buying it and tried to take it off me!

don't think i'll be getting any diving stuff, unless i can get my mum to let me off paying her back for taking my tanks in for servicing.....

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

O'Three PBB base layer, but her in doors does not know she got it for me yet.  Not sure if I should tell her

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Got the Blue Planet DVD set last year - it's excellent!

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kate R @ Dec. 23 2003,15:12)]secret santa - wine glasses, those ones that are wine bottles cut in half and turned upside-down
ooh, am jealous - think they look good and you can think you are doing your bit for the environment as well every time you have a drink 

Simon

·
Registered
108 Posts
Imported post

two early pressies aerdura drysuit and oceanic probe bcd, theres also an alddin pro ultra computer coming from santa

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Snash @ Dec. 23 2003,15:42)]ooh, am jealous - think they look good and you can think you are doing your bit for the environment as well every time you have a drink 
<font color='#000080'>they are indeed tres cool. i have been buying them for all my family and friends and i think someone has finally got this hint!

but the best bit is - as the stem of the glass is hollow (i.e. the neck of the wine bottle) you can fit a shedload of wine in them! excellent!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Jack Daniel's Poker Classics gift set from the ol' Secret Santa....

Liquid sildenafil citrate from a smart arsed pal - I kid you not. Not sure if that's for me or the missus though?  

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kate R @ Dec. 23 2003,15:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Dec. 23 2003,15:34)]because I'm worth it
can you do the flicky-hair-thing?
Sadly, after finally running out of reasons to remain a student, I felt obliged to get that proverbial haircut everyone was always banging on about in order to look more employable, so no, unfortunately, but once upon a time plenty of hair flickyness was had  

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Dec. 23 2003,16:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kate R @ Dec. 23 2003,15:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Dec. 23 2003,15:34)]because I'm worth it
can you do the flicky-hair-thing?
Sadly, after finally running out of reasons to remain a student, I felt obliged to get that proverbial haircut everyone was always banging on about in order to look more employable, so no, unfortunately, but once upon a time plenty of hair flickyness was had  

<font color='#000080'>i take it from the wee rock men that we're talking more ozzy osbourne than jennifer aniston?!  

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Imported post

12L twins -O2 clean-Manifold and with isolating valve.
CD twinning bands
CD halo
Custom Diver TDB wing with twin inflators
2 contents gauges.
CD s/s backplate.
2 Poseidon jetstreams
2m. hose for jetstream.
3L pony for inflation designed for argon
wing and suit inflator hoses

who is a happy boy then

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

I'm a man of simple pleasures - I've asked for book tokens, and shall be genuinely happy with just that! I know Fiona's gone and got me - against my wishes - something 'secret and special' (I had to sign for it today when it arrived as she was at work - still don't know what it is though).

Of course, I'll have to have her summarily flogged for going against my orders.....

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

I'll be content with a card and a kiss...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts