YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I got lots of lovely pressies but one of them was a diving Goodie bag from Nick. I think the hidden message was "carry your own bloody scallops..."

What did you get and what does it say about what your friends and family think about you???

jules

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

I got a new cut throat razor. I can guess what the hidden message is there, but i'm going to ignore it.
   Nothing diving related because i've got everything.  A couple of books, socks, cordless drill and a Red letters day voucher that i'm going to adopt a dolphin with

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

4 cards! 1 from Mum, 1 from Gran, 1 from yourself and 1 from Dee. 2 more that I expected!

Peter

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

l got my mother and father in law staying from the 22nd Dec to the 5th of Jan.......... its going to be a long long xmas and new year this year.

Still l'm escaping on the 28th to go diving.  

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I got the flu  

not even had a drink

Spent the day on my own instead of my nephews and niece, well there had to be some consolation

Fiona

·
Registered
58 Posts
Imported post

Tools and a fair amount of chocolate, thats one new years resolution out the window already.. *sigh*

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>got an ann summers cheque book of sexual favours
but no idea who sent it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Imported post

I got a bottle of pernod, a box of chocolate brazil nuts,
a Led Zeppelin live DVD, and I found out on Christmas Eve that I have been promoted at work.

I might finally be able to take that diving holiday with my family that I have promised myself for the past God knows how many years.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

A bike repair tool from my daughters aged 6 & 7.

They got a new bike each.

Oh and David Doubilet's Coffee table book of sealife pic's "Water Light Time" which is very good.

Ahhh, and the flu.

Regards

Paul

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

I got socks.

Sports socks

I have loads of sports socks and no normal socks

This shows how little my wife listens to me  

Question: What do you want for Christmas darling?

Answer: Ohhh I really need some new socks

No being of the mail gender and totally incapable of cryptic messages if I had wanted Sports socks I would have inserted the word 'Sports' in between 'new' and 'socks'.

She also got be a (small) jar of Dowe Egberts Coffee so she obviously loves me a little bit

Ho Hum

Mark Chase

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>welllllllll apart from a boat , which was really a joint chrimbo prezzie .......

A laptop,,,,,,,,, joint prezzie for me and the boat ( to run Median nav software ).
Bino's  ,,,,,,,,,,, Joint prezzie for me and the boat.
Filofax,,,,,,,,,,,, Ditto
Money to spend at the boat show ,,,,,, DITTO

Went over the boat at lunch time  AND father christmas had left 2 prezzies for my 2 boys ,
They got ,, YoU GUESSED IT

Sailing boots , for use on the boat
Choccie selection box,,, for eating whilst on the boat .......

Glad my birthday isn't on X mas day as well....

Andy

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Dec. 26 2003,23:26)]Choccie selection box,,, for eating whilst on the boat .......
On the 28th l hope.

Forget the bacon sarnies I WANT CHOCCIE!

Best remedy for seasickness, it doesn't stop it but at least it tastes nice on way out.

l got choccies from wifee, both daughters, son, mother in law and sis.
Booze from older daughter, son, and sis.

Its my birthday in a couple of weeks and l'll get more choccie & booze  

l escaped today and went to Highbury to watch Arsenal beat Wolves 3-1, my kids were not using the season ticket they share so l did.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

A veritable smorgasbord of kit:

1. Slippers, size 10, pair, one, for the use of

2. Book tokens, various denominations, plenty, for the spending of

3. (and the kind folk at Credenhill bought me the option of either a) Ruger, Red Hawk, one; or H&K SP-7, one, choice of, for the making. See you on the ranges - figure 11s, various, for the drilling

4. Single malts, Irish, ages, various, for the consumption of

So you see, it's not been all bad  

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>last christmas i got a poxy gun
so this year decided to do something with it

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

Well, I this is a more of a giving than a receiving story, but a few weeks ago I got me a secondhand self-inflating SMB for a bargain price.

Being the generous soul that I am I decided to give my old SMB to the missus, as her's is a bit crap I my old one is a nice AP valves one. Only problem is that it's got Janos written down the side in permanent marker. Now I couldn't cross out Janos and write Pippa as that'd look crap, so instead I added an apostrophe and stuff so that it now reads:

J
A
N
O
S'
Bird        

Of course I got her some other presents as well as otherwise I'd have been wearing my nadgers for earrings for a while.

Laters,
  Janos

1 - 20 of 32 Posts