YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm interested to know how many divers who take a spare mask, have ever lost their primary mask? Unless you are looking at long deco dives, I think taking a spare mask is a waste of stowage space. Yes, I know we are all told to carry them during training, but we were also ordered to don snorkels as novices.
Twice I have seen people lose a mask. One faceplate was smashed, they don't know how it happened. It was on a 64m dive. The other one had his strap come apart, and patiently knelt on the bottom and sorted it. That was a 9m dive. Glad it wasn't me both times, but I still take my mask off on dives to this day and practice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Learning 2 languages together easier if you have continual practice. When I learnt Swedish, I used this tool. Believe me, the person, who knows 4 languages)

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are equipment which help in secure driving and In which I like following GPS, SMB/DSMB, Dive Computer and Reel

·
Registered
7 Posts
As you become a qualified scuba diver, you get the basics knowledge of the scuba system. As a scuba diver, cylinder, weights, an exposure suit, regulators, BCD gauge and timing equipment, mask, and fins are the primary equipment. But whatever other equipment is worth adding to make your dive trip safer.
All divers should think about carrying these items for safety - Dive computer, Cutting tool, Light, Smb/dsmb and reel, Marine rescue, GPS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As you become a certified scuba diver, you learn the basics of the scuba system. A cylinder, weights, an exposure suit, regulators, BCD gauge and timing device, mask, and fins are the bare essentials. But what other equipment is worth adding to make your dive trip safer. All divers should consider carrying these dive safety equipment:
  • DIVE COMPUTER
  • CUTTING TOOL
  • LIGHT
  • SMB/DSMB AND REEL
  • MARINE RESCUE GPS

141 - 157 of 157 Posts