YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

What does YD mean to YOU?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Finless 
#1 ·
What Does YD Mean to YOU?

I originally joined YD when UKRS eventually dwindled to essentially nothing.
I wasn't a big contributor there but enjoyed reading about the daring do's of proper divers.

YD looked like a nice place and it was very welcoming.

After the PADI shop based club I was in disintegrated I imagined I'd join the on-line community and, well, go diving!

In the end I still drifted away from UK diving. What with work and stuff, and still have no desire to dive cold water any time soon.
So why come here?

It can be fun and it's a great place for learning. I now know the personalities that contribute. It is a community.
I've even purchased from YD advertisers.
It's been a repository for my thoughts. Good and bad. Happy and sad. I have in the past opened my soul to the forum even though it is anonymously. I have taken comfort from other members ministration, both public and private.
This is a community and when needs be, it's a very caring community.
There are some real gems here. There are some real characters here There are some proper knobs here too :D

I spend too much time on YD. All too often I'm supposed to be doing something else.

I've had the pleasure of meeting and diving with a few members. I look forward to meeting more in the future.

It would be a real shame if the community as it is now was left to wither.

I don't know that re-grouping under another umbrella elsewhere would have the same quality to it.

I'm not typing this with a tear in my eye. It is only a forum.
And it is what we make of it.

See less See more
Reactions: bowe310s
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.