• No suit (for the hardcore)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>What suit do you wear?
i wear a semi dry suit.  

cheers.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>well like many on here i suspect, i started like you with a semi dry then I dug the credit card out and handed it over

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>My first suit was an old 2piece wet suit 2nd hand at the time, then I bought a Semi, followed by a number of Dry suits. Each progressively more comfortable.

I'm sure it's the common routs taken by most.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Imported post

My first suit for diving was my 'birthday suit' & a pair of shorts (in Belize) but rapidly changed to a membrane on return to UK.  

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

It has got to be a dry suit for diving even most of the year, let alone winter, in the uk - south or not.

Apart from that, my wedding tackle needs all the help a dry suit can offer for looking it's best.

James

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

A Protec membrane suit.  Very simple but does the job.

I've recently bought a Mares Twice wetsuit for some trips abroad next year, but there's no way on earth I'm using it in the UK  

dan.

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Imported post

Aquion Pro Dry Suit in the UK - very reliable and easy to repair. Easy to get on and off as well.

5 mm one piece wet suit for warmer waters although often jsut dive in polo shirt and a pair of cotton tartan "play pants" where it is too warm for 5 mm. Just gives you that bit of protection against stingy things in the water.

Simon

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Seriously, a Northern Diver Vortex membrane drysuit for the UK.

For warmer water I have a 3mm Typhoon wetsuit which I combine with a selection of Reed Chillcheater undergarments  to suit the water temperature (or even the Chillcheaters on their own). I've also got a 5mm Beaver shortie, but that's never seen use outside a pool.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Imported post

In the U.K.  - 2.5 mm O'three
In the Red Sea Typhoon Riot Suit or 3mm
In bed.....

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

UK - dry suit (DUI TLS 350)
South Africa, Mozambique, Red Sea - Semi dry (O'Three)
Maldives, Oman - shortie wet suit (3mm 'Kurumba's Own')
Ozz - depends where - shortie to semi-dry to dry bag.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts