YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to drive to Buxton today, about 30 mins away. I thought, in a fit of excitement, I might take the Fireblade but the weather looked changeable so I didn't. And boy am I glad. Started to rain as I went up the A6 then as I got to the top, it turned to snow! a few mins later and I'm driving past white settled snow fields.

It is May, isn't it?

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Foooooooookinell. That is bonkers. I reckon you'd have got good odds with the bookies against that in May.

I'm going for a game of golf on Friday, and Coasteering on Sat, followed by clay pigeon shooting on Sunday. I wish I'd booked something that at least had some indoor options...

Digs.

·
Well Balanced - Bitter and Twisted !!
1,987 Posts
Thats Buxton for you the coat of arms should show a snow drift....

I have known it snow in May before now and that was in Cheshire not in the hills

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Well that's the grim and ghastly North for you.

I sent my butler, Bantin, out to inspect the weather and he informed me that it is, as always, mild and the gentle breeze is scented with wild garlic and freshly baked bread.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Weird i had a dream last night that i was diving stoney when it was snowing. Hope the snow doesnt make its way down there for saturday dont fancy that dream coming true :/

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
From the skool of dodgey fact's if I recall correctly:-

It snowed in June 1976, and that year we had the longest hottest summer ever recorded Met Office: Great weather events: Summer hot and summer even hotter in 1976

Does this mean we will have a blinding summer? Hope so, but not holding me breff :shade: :ip::rain:

I remember the press had a field day going on about how London will become a dust bowl, and all sorts of crap like that. Then some Indian chappie did a rain dance, and it rained for about 3 years (well it felt like 3 years).

Global warming? a new ice age? load of £ollock's

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Well that's the grim and ghastly North for you.

I sent my butler, Bantin, out to inspect the weather and he informed me that it is, as always, mild and the gentle breeze is scented with wild garlic and freshly baked bread.
How did he find the time, surely he was refereeing the Nelson Mandela versus Lady GaGa billiards tournament?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
T' old English saying from t' old days,,
Still t' be heard on t' local allotments.....
Ne'er cast a clowt till May be out

(keep your thermals handy kids till June) :)

·
"Are we human, or are we diver?"
1,329 Posts
It's all the fault of this bloody Con/Lib government...
I think they should be called the CoLD coalition.

"..bringing everyone together, even the seasons"

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
I remember in 1976 during my 4th year exams back in Marple (Manchester), June or July I think and a cricket match was snowed off at Buxton. Back then we were terrified that it presaged a new ice age but a week or two after that, there started the best British summer I can remember.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts