YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Got me a pony setup !  

Ended up buying more stuff for the wife, who BTW has her first Open Water dives up at Gildy tomorrow in a semi-dry brrr.

Anyone else get any goodies ?

Andy

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

I will be with the ClubSub group, normally sulking around the entry point to the 6m training platforms.

Maybe see you there....

Andy

·
Registered
90 Posts
Imported post

I bought a standard t-rex knife and SK-7 compass which I was planning to buy there.
I was looking around at various torches and ended up buying a green force arrow 6 which was a bit more than I was planning.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Well I only bought what was on my list!  Well almost..

Otter Brittanic MTM.
Aluminium backplate, (Gonna set me up a holiday harness  
)
D Rings, Bolt snaps and associated stainless steel jangly bits.
Spool

Umm that's about it.   Could not find a set of twin 7's that took my fancy.

Anyone know of cheap suppliers for twin 7 (300 bar) MDE manifold, banded.

Daz

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Imported post

For me:
Apex ATX40 reg & octo - £223
3l pony cylinder and qd mount - £115

For my wife:
Seaquest Eva BCD - £197
ND Omega 5mm wetsuit - £85
ND dive bag - £110

My credit card will take some time to recover

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

Well I managed to get away with only buying what I went to buy, unfortunately it was very expensive!
2 O'Three MTM drysuits (one of them was actualy change my order from off the peg to MTM)
1 Vyper computer @£185
and a new mask, spent hours running round and trying all the masks on. Eventualy the only one that seemed to fit realy well was a Cressi "Big Eyes". It looks ugly as hell and I suspect clearing it will be an art form! But it does fit properly.

And that brings my spending on Dive kit in the last 16 days to over £2.5K (why oh why did I encourage my wife to learn to dive!)

Simon A

·
Membership Cancelled
980 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Nothing - apart from an expensive beer at lunchtime which failed to loosen my wallet.  Didn't spot the YD'rs but I got to the bar late.  Pissed off at 2:30 and went diving...

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Managed to place an order for a Fourth Element 'Arctic' exposure suit; theydidn't have one in stock, so they will send it on.

·
Finally not a new member
270 Posts
Imported post

Gone and got myself a nice shiny yellow D4R torch for £74.  Mind so did my two buddies so that makes us the sad yellow torch triplets.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Came home with a nice and shiney (and nearly new) sherwood outback wing. Which then provided Daz with some dosh to go and spend on steel jangly bits  

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Nov. 17 2003,12:27)]Managed to place an order for a Fourth Element 'Arctic' exposure suit; theydidn't have one in stock, so they will send it on.
Strange they seemed to have loads in stock....

Maybe you mean they did not have it in your size Bren  

and that's all I'm saying!

Good to see you again and thanks Mary for reducing my spending deficit slightly.

Daz

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Nov. 17 2003,14:37)]Maybe you mean they did not have it in your size Bren  

and that's all I'm saying!
Aye,

Strange really, they had 'Pixie', 'Mincing Midget', Deliriously Happy and Camp Medium' and 'Hephalump', but not the 'Large' I needed (other than the one I tried on, but which was 'promised to someone else and already sold'). Bugger.

·
YD's Caribbean Outpost
562 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Treated myself to a MTM O'Three drysuit - couldn't resist after all the good press!!  Also got a Mosquito for £180.  Too many other shiny things to mention as well though!  A great day out.  Unfortunately, I too missed the YD'ers.  Hope to meet some on trips next season!

Regards all

Steve

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>After phoning cameras-underwater in the week to see if they were doing show prices on the Sony P10 and housing and was told she didn't know.  Went on Sunday and they had sold out.  Phoned today to see if they can do the same deal and was told if they could get hold of the stock they would.  Now wasn't that nice.  
Oh, shit I now have to pay for it.

As for Divers Warehouse, my mate Paul was trying to get a twin set and was quoted the same price as the website, which isn't very good, he didn't bother.

Fiona

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>i spent a few pounds on a mini Q40, oh, and a buddy tekwing, luckily the gilfriend doesnt know how much that was

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Simon A @ Nov. 16 2003,23:54)]Eventualy the only one that seemed to fit realy well was a Cressi "Big Eyes". It looks ugly as hell and I suspect clearing it will be an art form! But it does fit properly.
That's right, blame the mask.  

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
first dive show.......escaped with credit card in tact.......only to blag our way back in on the sunday to leave with two waterproof wetsuits....ah well its only money.lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts